|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Finance Officer - Budget & Financial Analysis
Term of Employment: One Year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: June 28, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to transformed agriculture by 2030.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), and its federal and regional affiliate institutions and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within the sector’s development plan. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Program.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, with regional office representations in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Support the Senior Budget & Financial Analysis Officer in the application principles of accounting to analyze past and present financial operations and estimates future revenues and expenditures to prepare a budget.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Senior Budget & Financial Analysis Officer and coordinates activities of personnel responsible for the formulation, monitoring and presentation of budgets for controlling funds to implement program objectives of public and private organizations.
- Assist The Senior Budget & Financial Analysis Officer on the compilation of data based on statistical studies and analyses of past and current years to prepare budgets and to justify funds requested.
- Preparation of regular and special budget as required to MOFEC on MoFEC Templates and interpret budget directives to establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Present Monthly Cash Flow and Payment Requests to MoFEC.
- Preparation of regular and Year-End reports to MoFEC.
- Preparation of Bank reconciliation for Z and B accounts every month.
- Recording of all financial transactions into IBEX/IFMIS in a timely manner.
- Regular reconciliation of balance sheet items and follow-up of long outstanding balances for clearance.
- Checking proper documentation of financial documents before and after the payment is effective and safely keeping the documents also provide the documents when needs arise.
- Assist in the Reviewing of operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Support the Senior Budget & Financial Analysis Officer to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes to facilitate long-term planning.
- Support in the preparation of comparative analyses of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submits reports to the manager of the organization with recommendations for budget revisions.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the Agencies original budget during budget development. This involves extensive interaction with the program staff within the organization and other external stakeholders including MoFED and other donors Support to establishes budgeting systems and procedures, analyses and monitors program budgets and expenditures for compliance with the Ethiopian Government policy and funding agency guidelines.
- Assist in analyzes budget data, prepares and revises cost projections and budget and expense projections for multiple programs and funds; analyzes and monitors line-item expenses; provides supervisor with historical information; makes budget recommendations; initiates transmits and posts budget and expense transfers.
- Assists with, reviews, and creates, annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly reports, counts, audits and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Budget & Financial Analysis Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least five years of experience working as a finance officer or budget officer with experience in transaction processing, reporting, planning, and/or budgeting functions.
- Experience and proficiency in working with ERP systems, preferably Agresso.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (including Excel, QuickBooks, IBEX, etc) are advantageous.
- Willingness in working long hours and ability to work with other teams.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English and Amharic and other Ethiopian languages is highly desired.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages) at https://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.