|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Title: Finance Officer Grade: 8
Department: Ethiopia Country Office, Addis Ababa May 2020
Summary Scope of Work:
The Finance Officer performs financial accounting paperwork, including logging and numbering of vouchers, routing for signatures, filing, data entry to QuickBooks, check preparation, preparation of statutory and claim reports, like withholding tax, income tax, VAT, vendor reports and handle petty cash and other payments.
- Position Reports to: Finance Manager
- Position Supervised: None
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Actively participate in the business development process.
- Actively participate in the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in both time and cost containment.
- Act as focal person to receive incoming financial documents from payees or settlers.
- Prepare Checks, Telegraphic Transfers (TT), and Check Payment Vouchers and handles routing for signatures.
- Prepares statutory obligation and claim reports, like withholding tax, pension, VAT, vendor reports and handles petty cash and other payments.
- Arrange and file all documents properly and put on “PAID” stamp.
- Act as focal person to inform the payees the status of received requests/documents.
- Keeps tracking sheet for payee’s detail which are non-staff including bank account information and contact address.
- Record VAT records in the Jhpiego Official VAT tracking sheet.
- Review and properly file advance documents and settlements.
- Assist Finance Manager on month end QBE closing.
- Entering data into QuickBooks daily transactions and Monthly Journal Vouchers with great deal of accuracy.
- Handle petty cashes (serve as petty cash custodian as needed) and maintains petty cash register.
- Assist program staff related with financial issues.
- Assist Finance Manager in facilitating internal and external audits.
- Follow up and review monthly and recurring office bills settlements including water, electricity, security, car rental, fuel, office rent, etc.
- Perform detailed filing of documents so that they can easily be retrieved & audited.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Maintain other records and registers as required.
- Scan payment documents and upload it to QBE monthly
- Prepare quarterly vendor reports as per the ETH government requirement.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Accounting from recognized Institution,
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience in accounting work preferably in NGO;
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Excel, Ms-Word
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and Amharic
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to handle detail-oriented tasks and be organized
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is July 15, 2021.