|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the Country office Project. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Ensure that accurate and timely accounts are on regularly basis in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody of an adequate amount of petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring of internal controls in order to ensure consistency of financial policies of NRC Ethiopia office.
- Assemble documents for data input in the accounting system, verifying project numbers/codes, resource numbers and total costs.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorisation and clarity on the invoices.
- Ensure financial reports from the field offices are timely received and put into the accounting system
- Prepare and review of payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
- Follow cash advances and their purposes and ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities, and also ensure that accountabilities are prompt and cleared. Responsible to follow up NRC bills for timely settlement.
- Make all payments after approval and after compiling and verifying the accuracy of necessary documents.
- Coordinate financial matters with third parties like banks, vendors and tax authorities
- Maintain open communication with Finance Coordinator, FM, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Generic Professional competencies
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience and INGO experience is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net or www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by August 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”