|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the position
To ensure that financial and accounting operation and reports accurately reflect the condition of the organization and provide reliable information necessary for operations at cluster level.
Major duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the financial and accounting integrity of World Vision Ethiopia.
2. Process funding transfer for Cluster Program Office( CPO )and Area Program(APs) as per funding request formats and procedures.
3. Facilitate local travel and business advance and medical payment requests and pass the necessary entries and follow up their settlement.
4. Handle disbursement activities at cluster level as per the partnership financial manual and internal financial policies and guidelines.
5. Follow-Up long outstanding advances and payable on monthly basis and keep records up-to-date.
6. Follow up bank matters and ensure all incoming and outgoing funds are accounted and supported with necessary backups.
7. Journalize and summarize transactions by cost center and send hold data for review and posting to Finance and Admin Manager (FAM).
Provide assistance, as needed, to the Cluster Finance and Administration Manager and CPO Management and staffs, on accounting issues.
Financial and Accounting Reports
1. Provide accurate and timely financial data
2. Ensure all cluster office level balance sheet accounts are correctly stated and outstanding balances are monitored and supported with detail schedules
3. Reconcile World Vision Ethiopia bank accounts at cluster office level and compile APs bank reconciliation and send to FAM before 2rd of every month.
4. All outstanding bank balances are followed and steal checks are communicated for reversal for APs and Do reversal for CPO. And ensure those reversals are made before preparation of the next month reconciliation.
Financial Risk and Compliance Management
1. Participate in annual plan and budget preparation and assist FAMs in review APs cash flows.
2. Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the cluster office support cost budget.
3. Provide regulatory reports, like pension, tax and other applicable reports to Woreda/zonal as needed.
4. Follow grant projects at cluster level and charge costs according to their nature and purpose.
5. Ensure grant compliance are maintained like LDR and Screening process is undertaken at cluster level
6. Collaborate with internal and external auditors for grant and sponsorship audit.
7. Comply with World Vision Ethiopia’s accounting policies and procedures, both written and unwritten, and report any instances of non-compliance.
8. Provide assistance, as needed, to the FAM, on accounting issues and management issues and do the additional job as instructed by supervisor.
· Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
· Able to motivate staff to achieve core results
· Able to contextualize financial solutions
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Technical expertise in financial and analytics systems development
· Excellent working knowledge of GAAP
· Innovative solution provider
· Fluency in English and local language
· Able to articulate and communicate ideas well verbally and in writing
· Good interpersonal skills
· Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
· Balanced combination of at least four years Business Management experience in INGOs and for-profit business
Place of Work: Tigray Mekele
Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits package.
Interested applicants must require to attach Current CV & fill employment application form WVE’s official Application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and send prior to the application dead line of this vacancy announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
Note: Write the job title on the subject line when you send the application.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.