|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 14, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites qualified applicants for the position of Fleet Assistance.
Length of Contract: indefinite
Directly responsible to: Fleet Manager
The Fleet Assistant is a member of Logistics team responsible for assisting the Fleet Manager of PIN Ethiopia Country Program with activities related to PIN vehicles and movements. This includes assisting PIN Fleet Manager with refueling vehicles, planning and monitoring (tracking) cars and motorbikes, and assisting with reporting of the fleet performance. Moreover, the Fleet Assistant supports planning and monitoring of the vehicles and motorbikes’ regular checks and maintenance, and makes sure that all required equipment is on board to ensure safety of PIN staff. The FA provides further logistical support related to transportation needs of PIN staff.
KEY OBJECTIVES/RESPONSIBILITIES: General Responsibilities
- The Fleet Assistant follows the PIN’s Code of Conduct and the Key PIN Policies.
- The Fleet Assistant follows strictly SOP1 - Movement and all other related documents.
- Support the Fleet Manager in the implementation of PIN standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Assist the Fleet Management to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored.
- Follow insurance schedule of all PIN vehicles and motorbikes.
- Follow annual vehicle inspection and renew of vehicle owner books.
- Assist with refueling PIN and rented vehicles as per the guidelines, monitor and maintain all safety rules and regulations related to the fueling of vehicles and report all violations to the Fleet manager.
- Ensure the daily, weekly and monthly checks on all PIN vehicles according to PIN fleet guidelines. Coordinate with field Logisticians and report to the Fleet Manager. Collect and file the reports/checklists.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of PIN vehicles and motorbikes.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts and vehicle consumables needed for regular maintenance, monitoring and recording every movement of the items.
- Ensures that all vehicles are equipped up to PIN standards (documents, tools, 1" aid kits, etc.).
- Ensure proper safety equipment availability across all PIN used fleet, report any potential gaps to the Fleet Manager.
- Ensure that vehicles trackers are installed and functioning.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
Drivers Related Responsibilities
- Contribute to the driver's evaluation and motivation, collect feedback from passengers for performance evaluations.
- Organize monthly meeting with PIN drivers.
- Cover for Drivers in case of longer absence (holiday, sick leaves).
Vehicle Movements and Reporting
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and drivers’ assignment at Coordination base level in following the guidance of the Fleet Manager.
- Organize the daily movement (Kiss Contact, Airport, and movement within/outside the town).
- Track progress of movements by vehicle tracking system, receive and record updates from drivers on road, report to the Fleet Manager major messages.
- Assist the Fleet Management to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports.
- Proactively gather any security related information from the road and report those directly to Fleet Manager.
Vehicle Monitoring and KPIs
- Ensure proper usage of electronic Log books for PIN cars, rental cars, and motorbikes, as well as the paper logbook (where applicable) and other documents related to car and motorbike movements. Spread awareness among passengers on their responsibilities in checking the records and signatures.
- Ensure that drivers synchronize vehicle logbooks immediately, upon arrival to PIN office.
- Assist the Fleet Manager in checking movement and cost entries on NAVI, substitute the Fleet Manager during his absence.
- Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Transport Allowance
- Bank loan facilities
- 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
- Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
- Medical insurance, including spouse and children
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
- Pension contribution of 11% from PIN
- Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
- Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
- Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
- International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
- Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
- Annual staff retreat
- Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
- Minimum Diploma or Above in Mechanical Engineering, Auto mechanic, other related fields of studies
- At least 4 years and above related work experience
- Certified Driving license in public 1 or cargo 1 and above is advantageous.
- Experience in NGO is advantageous
- Strong writing, reporting and communication skills
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and spoken.