|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 20, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 55 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
Control and communicate with the WVE fleet in order to maintain the fleet for maximum equipment life and minimum downtime. Coordinate, prioritize, and schedule fleet repairs and inform customers of the progress of the work.
Ensure and facilitate the registration and securing of annual renewals, license plate numbers for organizations' motor vehicles and motor bicycles.
· Ensure all vehicles of WVE have a GPS system, regularly verify working of the system in all vehicles at the expected level, coordinate all drivers and users to conform vehicles usage according to the fleet management policy, submit GPS generated report for prompt decision making periodically.
· Ensure adherence of vehicle used for the intended business purpose, manage drivers’ behavior, violation of fleet policy, such as late hours, and weekend and holiday usage as using a GPS system.
· Produce and submit transport service-related cost information generated using a GPS system and approved total trip cost for the finance team to be charged the user department and compile a period report of cost breakdown for suitable decision making.
· Ensure all vehicles of WVE have history files and full data of each vehicle's have on a GPS system, Regularly review the log sheet of vehicles, Submit information of old vehicles, and work with the fleet team on the assessment of vehicles for grounding and replacement decision. Keep and secure registered and legal documents of organizational vehicles and related documents and official correspondences
· Ensure engine key spares are kept safe and periodically do a spot check and follow up engine keys handed over to drivers and authorized personnel is not modified or duplicated, report immediately if at all observed
· Coordinate duties of all vehicle drivers at NO level, schedule and assign them in a proper manner, evaluate their performance appraisal based on GPS generated Drivers behavior report, annual leave management work with immediate supervisor to identify gaps & to organize proper training and corrective action.
· Ensure complete use of GPS system installed in each vehicle of WVE and periodically review the efficiency of vehicle usage and fuel management, analyze GPS generated reports, and submit a professional recommendation for the upgrading of vehicle operation.
· Check and deliver the organization`s new and used vehicles to authorized program offices, Allocate proper vehicles with accessories for authorized directors, supervisors, and other staffs,
· Ensure safeguard of all vehicles and motorbikes to have appropriate insurance coverage, check incoming accident forms, record details in accident register, allocate claim numbers, lodge vehicle claims for insurance company, manage the claims issues and follow up the claims settlement until close up of each claims file.
· Ensure that WVE and Government office vehicle-related policies are followed, annual vehicle inspections are completed; an appropriate plate number and ownership title book for new vehicles and motorbikes are completed. Ensure all vehicles are kept clean at all times and basic equipment like first aid kit, updated fire extinguisher, etc, and tools are available.
· Actively participate in technical skill demanding activities; such as preparation of technical specification of vesicles/motor bicycles, drivers’ recruitment process, and incoming inspection of vehicles receiving via procurement or donation.
· Provide administrative support to the work unit and Perform other related activities as forwarded by his immediate supervisor
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· Must have B.A./B.Sc. degree in business Management, Logistics and supply chain management, Auto-Mechanics, or related field of study.
· Must have a minimum work experience of 6 years of experience in a related activity.
· Advanced Computer skills-in Excel, Ex-Word, and email writing.
· 2nd-grade driving license /auto driving license
· Effective in written and verbal communication in English
· Must have experience in usage of Excel sheet and report Writing
· Professional skill in fleet management and application of Information Technology (IT)
· Vehicle Tracking System use and management
Working Environment / Conditions:
· The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 5% of the time.
Interested applicants must require to attach a Current CV with three references & fill an employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies