|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Ensuring the reliability and availability of all company owned Fleet by having long-term focus on quality and cost effective maintenance procedures.
In place effective Fleet management process to meet safety requirement of the company and local regulations.
Safety, Food safety & Sustainability
- Develop safety related maintenance tasks and translate into maintenance plans for execution.
- Collect legal related maintenance tasks and translates into maintenance plans for execution
- Executes Safety diagnostics based in safety reports and inspections.
- Ensure the implementation of LSR
- Ensure fleet operators are aware of the SHE policy.
- Ensure vehicles are well maintained and fit for safe operation at all times
Maintaining the Fleet
- Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident-reporting process, and other procedures.
- Determine which fleet processes should be outsourced, define supplier criteria, and act as primary contact with all suppliers. Track supplier performance.
- Create departmental and fleet expense and capital budgets and submit for approval to management. Track performance versus forecast on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain data management system to organize fleet in different categories based on usage and type.
- Develop and Maintain detail maintenance and cost record history of each Fleet category
- Determine key performance indicators for maintenance management and fleet compliance to internal and external standards.
- Analyze TCO and determine what vehicles to purchase and support management during vehicle selection and purchase decision
- Manage the licensing process of new vehicles and ensure all company owned Fleet meet local regulations
- Manage relation we have with the insurance company and ensure all claim are settled on time
- Manage the overall Corrective and preventive maintenance process and relation we have with service provider
- Ensure that all repairs and maintenance activities done in accordance with the established standards to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime.
- Ensure that HBSC vehicles are reliable, safe to operate, and mechanically sound
- Identify mechanical issues before they become larger problems, and create maintenance schedules that optimize vehicle productivity and minimize unnecessary repairs or tune-ups.
- Design support system, which will work all over the country. This include having right supplier over the country and having 24/7 Crain service.
- Determine annual tire requirement and manage the distribution, usage and replacement process
- Determine monthly fuel usage of company fleet and manage the monthly fuel consumption of each vehicle
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling and surveying current maintenance trends.
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Manage the GPS installation of each Fleet and insure its functionality
- Design and implement a Vehicle Replacement plan having estimated the technical condition and lifespan of the fleet and ensure proper write off and disposal of replaced fleet.
Handling the Financials
- Determine cost saving projects, manage the implementation and measure the result
- Review expense reports, identify unnecessary expenditures, and conduct cost analyses.
- Verify supplier invoice and ensure that the supplier get paid on time
- Prepare and Report accrual on monthly bases
- Monitor expense claim with insurance company and ensure its settlement
- Ensure proper management of Tire, implement TMS and Re-treading
- Drive cost-improvement initiatives.
TPM & Continuous Improvement
- Performs loss & cost maintenance deployments and establishes PDCA-process.
- Assesses current Fleet condition and develops restoration plan to eliminate sporadic loss.
- Support improvement of basic standards for safety, process, and quality and ensure compliance.
- Implement systematic breakdown analysis and reduction system
- Monitor impact of PM activities and supports countermeasures to improve
- Ensure continuing relevance and effectiveness of fleet management processes, systems and controls.
- Start improvement on Fleet to eliminate abnormalities and develop basic skills in maintenance via training.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers
- Ensure the implementation of best practices, agreed corrective actions and improvement actions
- Ensure implementation of strategies outlined in matters of costs management that enhance performance of the company
- Analyses Fleet breakdowns to anticipate the need of replacements
- Generate solutions to minimize maintenance costs of the fleet, ensuring high availability levels
- Actively contribute to the improvement of the Fleet management process across Heineken
Data & Management Reporting
- Key-user on Fleet management system & GPS tracking system
- Reports Fleet KPI's
- Alerts on indicators out of control and highlights issues for management attention (e.g. structural delays with certain Maintenance, Total damage, etc.)
- Report year-to-date and forecasted cost for maintenance, personnel, assets and fuel
- Provide clear explanations of key drivers of the cost of Fleet Department (e.g. Fuel, Tire, R&M, deprecation, down time etc.)
- Suggest improved indicators to measure the transportation performance
- Ensure that all reports and information related to fleet management are produced on a timely basis, analyze information and ensure quality and accuracy of report prior to distribution
- Working closely with other departments to improve internal efficacy (E.g. with Procurement and finance; to speed up payment for service provider, with sales and General service department to improve fleet utilization and corrective action on the reviewed performance)
- Provide technical advice, guidance and assessment in all aspects of fleet management, procurement and maintenance to different functions and users.
- Manage all supplier and work on their development
- Communicate maintenance service providers performance
- Monitor/report performance standards against service level agreement targets.
- Recommend performance improvement measures.
- Held periodical operational meetings.
- Ensure proper contract administration
- Support on driver Recruitment and develop,
- Development and implement appropriate driver training programs and refresher courses in order to enhance skills.
- Work on Fleet team development
Department: Supply chain
Reporting to position : OpCo Transport Manager
Work contacts (includes, but not limited to)
- All Department
- Service provider
- Government office
- Preferable Profile
- BSC in Mechanical engineering/automotive engineering or related fields
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, knowing how to manipulate an ERP system
- Computer skills: good command of MS Office.
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian legislation in transport and insurance
- Good knowledge of Tracking system
- 5 years of relevant experience in fleet management from which 3 years in managerial position.
- Special conditions:
- Available, in case of emergencies, 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Available to frequent travelling (when needed) to the different part of the country and abroad
Leadership/ Behavioral Competencies
- Put Safety First
- Act as an Entrepreneur
- Collaborate Through Trust
- Focus on Support over Control
- Keep it Simple
- Learn, to improve
- Very good command of English and Amharic