Food and Nutrition Technical Advisor
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
“Food and Nutrition Technical Advisor’’
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #161/2021
‘Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project (NSAP)’
Brief Description of the project/ unit
The Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project (NSAP) is part of the Global Program Food and Nutrition Security, Enhanced Resilience, which is financed within the scope of the BMZ’s One World – No hunger Initiative aiming at the reduction of poverty and hunger worldwide. The aim of the project is to improve the nutrition situation of food insecure people, particularly women of child-bearing age and their infants, in selected districts (Woredas) of Tigray and Amhara Region in Ethiopia.
NSAP looking to recruit a Senior Nutrition Expert who will be seconded to the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) Food and Nutrition Coordination Office.
Duration of contract: March 31, 2023
Required Candidates: One
Responsibilities and Duties
- Increase knowledge of FNCO on NSAP programming, and implementation and strengthening of multi-sectoral coordination
- Support NSA interventions implemented in collaboration with MoA in Seqota Declaration Woredas of Tigray and Amhara Region
- Provide technical support to the sector for the integration of appropriate and participatory monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for Nutrition Sensitive interventions at all levels of the Ministry of Agriculture structures on documentation of lessons learned and utilization of data for decision making.
- Identifying potential constraints and challenges for effective NSA program delivery and proposes appropriate solutions
- Support Ministry of Agriculture in the assessment, review, and updating of relevant, strategies, guidelines, training manuals and job aids with a nutrition lens
- Ensure the NSA strategic directions stated under food and nutrition strategy document are accounted in the regular work plan of the various directorates of Ministry of Agriculture.
- Closely work with all nutrition platforms for synergy across NSA implementing sectors for a coordinated planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation
- Strengthen coordination between MoA and GIZ NSAP
- Facilitates food and nutrition report exchange between MoA and GIZ NSAP
- Undertake any duties and assignments at the request from GIZ NSAP Component Manager.
- Master of Science in food science and post-harvest technology, Food science and human nutrition, Applied Human Nutrition, and related fields.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience on nutrition related areas specific to Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture
- High degree of initiative, integrity, and accountability.
- Well informed on food and nutrition related national policies, strategies, and programs of the Government of Ethiopia
- Experience working in the agriculture sector
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these using print, electronic, and presentation media.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage a variety of tasks with accuracy.
- Practical Work experience on planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Nutrition sensitive programs.
- Coordination, negotiation, leadership, advocacy, and analytical skills versatile and able to commit what it takes to achieve the national and project targets.
- Advanced understanding on multi-sectoral nature of nutrition.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Computer application skills.
- Ability to work within a teamwork.
- Service attitude towards internal and external partners.
- Experience working with international organizations
- Fluent in Amharic and English
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title Food and Nutrition Technical Advisor #161/2021 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”