|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people.
One of our programs in Ethiopia is supporting food fortification. Food fortification is one of the key strategies endorsed by the Government of Ethiopia to reduce micronutrient deficiencies. GAIN is working with Government, private sectors and non-government organizations on wheat and oil fortification. For fortification program on implementation, GAIN is looking a technical assistant to support the fortification program.
Job description and responsibility
· Identify 8 flour milling facility and develop the capacity of the mill on internal quality monitoring of fortification.
· Provide training on internal quality monitoring and auditing for selected millers and oil processors.
· Follow up the status of fortification implementation at selected wheat and oil factory and provide additional technical support.
· Organize refresher course for the trained Trainers (TOT)
· Oversee and Support market surveillance of oil fortification study.
· Organize different workshop on fortification.
· Facilitate and provide training on selected.
· Organize data and Prepare project implementation report.
· Other assigned related works
- A Masters (MS) degree in food science or related subject
- A minimum of five years of experience in food processing industry
- Experience in food fortification and providing training.
- Being a TOT on internal and external quality monitoring of fortified products is advantageous.
Demonstrated skills and competencies.
- Strong analytical, writing, synthesis skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
Management and reporting
- The fortification technical assistant will work with GAIN-ET team and report to the Food Fortification Senior project Manager.
Duration: March to June 2021
To apply, send your CV and Application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is open to applications until 24 February 2021. GAIN reserves the right to close this role early and early applications are encouraged.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organization and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.