|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Job Description: We are looking for an experienced food processing manager to join the company’s team. The food service manager’s responsibilities will include ensuring that all orders are properly portioned and presented and resolving customer complaints. You should also be able to expedite service during busy periods by assisting in serving customers and processing payments.
To be successful as a food processing plant manager, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable about food health and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional food processing plant manager should be able to multitask as well as demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Work, and develop relationships, with external suppliers to ensure the very best reputation within the industry, and receives the service required to ensure that the operational Food and Beverage team can deliver the highest quality product, and the highest financial return
- Work closely with the Manager to ensure correct stock levels are available from central distribution area, to assist the operational Food and Beverage team
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and requirements
- Ensure that the industry standard regarding safety and hygiene
- Champion a training culture within the Food and Beverage team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer
- The Operations Manager will constantly review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained
- The Food & Beverage plant has a wide number of external contractors, and the Operations Manager will maintain close, professional, effective links with all. They will ensure that suppliers deliver to stated agreements, best practices are followed, and technological advances are sought
- They will also participate in the food development panel that sits to drive the food offer
- The job holder will assist the Managing Director with managing Health & Safety and Food Hygiene, ensuring there is strict compliance with all legislation
- They will be the department representative on the H&S Committee and be the first point of contact for the Environmental Health Officer, and responsible for investigating any alleged food poisoning cases, for reporting to the Managing Director
- They will also collate and disseminate food safety alerts when appropriate and be responsible for ensuring departmental compliance with the group health and safety policy
- They will also manage the external food hygiene consultant, and the resulting reports
- The job holder will be responsible for maintaining and helping enforce the agreed brand standards for each unit by conducting and managing monthly audits
- The Operations Manager will also be the department representative for Special Events, working each special event as the departmental duty manager
- This will involve all planning associated with each event, right through to delivery
- The Operations Manager is responsible for all trade press subscriptions and ensuring relevant information is passed on to the Restaurant Managers and Assistant Managers
- They will also liaise with the Sales and Marketing team and Managing Director to collate and respond to all customer correspondence, ensuring this is communicated to the entire Food and Beverage team, where appropriate
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring spend per head is increased year on year, without jeopardizing guest satisfaction and quality
- They will maintain the F&B Management invoices and journals, manage, and monitor expenditure associated with catering equipment repair, manage the asset register and assist in budget setting each year for the department
- They will also manage the incentive scheme, allocating and verifying spending and assisting in report analysis on stock and sales, highlighting and acting on any anomalies
- The job holder will act as a purchasing officer and budget controller for the restaurant, creating a professional relationship with all suppliers
- This will include ordering of equipment within financial constraints, invoice querying and establishing a positive relationship with the Finance Department
- They will consistently review products delivered to ensure KPIs are met and take up any shortcomings with suppliers
- They will also take line ownership of the Corporate Event menus, signing them off seasonally, in conjunction with the Managing Director
- The job holder will need to be conversant in latest trends in food nutrition for our target audience and contribute to the ongoing nutritional developments
- The Operations Manager is expected to provide constant leadership, counselling, advice and feedback to their peers
- They must provide an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching
Available positions: One
Weekly workload: a minimum of 44 hours
Qualifications and Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel and restaurant management, food service management, industrial operations management or related field is preferred.
- Food protection manager certification (FPMC) or Foodservice management professional (FMP) accreditation is advantageous.
- Proven experience working in the food processing industry.
- Sound knowledge of labor laws as well as food health and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Superior oral and written communication skills,
- Competency in a processing and service organization environment,
- Ability to work independently,
- Self-motivated, willing to constantly improve,
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize work on a daily basis,
- The ability to focus on a fast-paced environment while handling calls with a courteous, friendly, and well-spoken tone,