|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FH Ethiopia, a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities, would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Food Security and Livelihood Zonal Coordinator
Duty Station: Ziquala (Waghimra Zona- Amhara Region)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 45 days probation period)
Closing date: 01, December 2019
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Food Security and Livelihood Zonal Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the livelihood & agriculture activities of the Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) implemented in Waghimra Zone of Amhara Region. He/She is responsible for routine monitoring and technical support to project livelihood and marketing officers in the course of Livelihood and Agriculture activity implementation. Ensure the application of the strategic direction of operations for Livelihood and Agriculture activity implementation and focusing on achievement of the planned objectives. Assure full compliance of operations with Organization principles, rules, regulations and policies, operational strategies and relevant reference documents and policies (PSNP PIM). In addition to oversee FSL activities under the zone, the Position holder will be responsible for the implementation of FSL activities in Ziquala project in collaboration with the respective officers.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Senior Livelihood Advisor, project managers, Livelihood/Agri. and business and marketing officers to strictly abide to the principles and practices of Livelihood and Agriculture in the planning process.
- Support livelihood and Agri. staff in the preparation of activity and budget plan during the first month of each fiscal year so as to meet the target set for the fiscal year;
- Support project officers in the gathering and documentation of project ideas related to Livelihood/Agri. and feed into the organizational planning processes.
Key Result #2 Program Implementation
- Supervise the implementation and monitoring of all activities as laid out in the plan of action, with particular attention to context monitoring and monitoring of achievement of results
- Ensure constant monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, advise on timely readjustment of the operations
- Co-ordinates livelihood/agricultural activities (the three livelihood pathways: crop and livestock, off-farm income generation, and employment pathways)of the DFSA so as to ensure that program activities are implemented in compliance with the approved targets and objectives;
- Monitors DFSA gender and youth interventions are mainstreamed across the Livelihood and Agri. activities;
- Provide technical support to project and the government staff who are actively involved in the execution of DFSA Livelihood and Agri. interventions;
- Ensure activities are implemented as per the approved DFSA proposal and the annual activity and budget plan approved by the department;
- Support monitoring, and after action reviews/rapid impact evaluations of livelihood activities undertaken in order to identify lessons learned – and with a view to potential scale up if deemed appropriate by Organization management
- In addition to the coordination of FSL activities in their respective zone, He/She is responsible to execute FSL activities of the woredas they are based at i.e. Ziquala.
Key Result #3 – Capacity Building Activities
- Identify capacity gaps of DAs and project livelihood animators in the area of Livelihood and Agri. and fill the gaps as deemed necessary with the view of enhancing the capacity of DAs and livelihood animators;
- Provide support to the Senior Livelihood Advisor in capacity building needs of project officers in all operation-related aspects with a focus on livelihoods and agriculture related activities
Key Result #4 – Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Based on the annual activity and budget plan, make frequent field visit to project sites to undertake operational and performance monitoring and furnish monitoring reports to DFSA Senior Livelihood Advisor for timely action;
- Collect weekly and monthly updates from projects, compile and submit to the Senior Livelihood Advisor on the due date;
- Provide technical support to project officers in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. Degree preferred in Agriculture, Rural Development and Agricultural extension, or related field
- 6 years relevant experience preferably in a similar NGO settings.
- Direct field based experience is essential.
- Support and provide technical guidance and supervision to all aspects of agriculture and livelihood activities
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of the email and their application.