|Location||Anywhere in Ethiopia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 19, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
Performs responsible technical duties requiring independent judgment and initiative in planning, organizing and directing the work of the vehicle maintenance independently and in combination with others.
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans and schedule work to be accomplished; assigns tasks to employees; sets up appointments for preventative maintenance; ensures work is accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on light vehicles.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Grade 10 /12 complete or Diploma from Technical and vocational College in
- More than 10 years’ experience.
- Detail and Proven work experience as Foreman Mechanic Light Vehicle.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- International working experience is an added advantage.
Critical criteria/Skill to be successful in this role:
Experience in maintaining Various model, Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu and other light vehicles.
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
- Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
- If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV.
- All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.