|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Sahay Mobile Money is an electronic money transfer product that enables users to store value in their wallet and via USSD with SIM cards of their mobile phone and via their Sahay mobile app, in the form of electronic currency that can be used for multiple purposes including transfers to other users, payments for goods and services, and conversion to and from cash. Sahay Mobile Money has become a technological platform that has enabled financial transactions with ease and in real time efficiently. Other products have endogenously been developed and rolled out on this technological platform.
Frontend Engineer Job Description
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Front-end Developer to join our team. As a Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
At our company, you will be working with the latest technology, you will have the chance to advance and grow your career.
We strongly believe in deliverability and skills than paper works, that is why we also try our best to hire both self-thought and schooled engineers.
Frontend Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
- Use a variety of programming languages in order to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve company website, portal, and other websites
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as back-end developers, systems, database and network engineers
- Build high-quality mockups and design different prototypes
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements
- Optimize our web applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Always stay consistent with our brand guidelines
- Get feedback from users and customers
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
Frontend Engineer Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a Front-end Developer
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Knowledge of some SEO principles
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience with markup languages
- Solid understanding of React
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in Computer Science or similar relevant field is desirable
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the email below