|Location||Harar, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The GBV Response Officer will be responsible for providing technical support on case management for Women and Children Affair office and provide psychosocial support to vulnerable women, including survivors of GBV in targeted East/West Haregere woredas. The GBV Response Officer will also oversee the women’s centres activities including psychosocial, recreational activities, and information sessions. The Response officer will work closely with IMC GBV prevention officer, Woreda WACO office and other implementing partners on supporting and assisting GBV survivors and vulnerable women and girls.
She is also responsible to identify the gaps and area of support for WACO and report to GBV manger.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Work closely with woreda administrative and WACO ( Women and Children Affairs Office ) office to map and find safe space for women and girls
· Provide psychosocial support for GBV survivors and others vulnerable women and girls in WGSS after equipped by necessary material
· Develop TOR and facilitate training on adapted cases management for East/West Harerege WACO office to respond a Case management
· Provide technical support for WACO office on Case management
· Develop GBV referral pathway with collaboration of other implementing partners
· Develop TOR for CMR training and share to GBV manager
· Facilities CMR training for health care providers of East/West Haregere
· Develop TOR and facilitate training for front line health care providers and hygiene promotor in basic principle of supportive response to GBV survivors and referral pathway.
· Work closely with women and children affairs office on providing of dignity kits for vulnerable women and girls
· Work with coordination with other partners and Government for response of GBV survivors needs
· Maintain records of activities and produce regular reports including weekly update success and lesson learnt
· Create a positive working environment with other IMC sectors
· Present IMC in all GBV related meeting at woreda level
· Degree in social science including Social Work, Nursing, and Counselling preferred.
· Back ground in SGBV, Human Rights and /or protection and GBV case management or counselling
· Experience in providing/facilitating training related to GBV programming
· Previous experience living in a hardship environment;
· Fluency in English is required
· Ability to speak the local languages is highly preferred
· Only women applicants are needed
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by August 23, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.