|Location||Asayita & Berhale, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- The GBV Response Officer will be responsible for providing day to day case management and psycho social support to vulnerable women, including survivors of GBV in Asayta & Berhale refugee camps. The GBV Response Officer will also oversee the women’s centers activities including psycho social and recreational activities, information sessions and skills building activities. The Response officer will supervise and support GBV assistance response officer and community refugee social workers to facilitate services for vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV.
- S/he is also responsible to identify the gaps and area of support for GBV ARO and social workers and report to GBV senior officer.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Identify vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV who come, or refer to the Women’s center for support;
- Assess the needs of vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV and assist them to develop an action point for meeting their needs;
- Link vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV to actors to access supportive services based on their needs, choices and consent;
- Carry out requested ethical and safe follow up visits to monitor the progress of vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV and provide any support needed;
- Liaise and advocate with actors in the camp to ensure the vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV have access to services they need;
- Work with community structures including women’s association in the camp to ensure vulnerable women and girls including survivors of GBV who are seeking services are referred to the women’s center for assistance;
- Work with community structures and partners to develop and maintain appropriate referral pathway to improve assistance for vulnerable women and girls;
- Participate in GBV related outreach and community mobilization interventions including information sessions and trainings in the camp;
- Supervise the women’s center activities including psycho social, recreational, information sessions and skills building activities for vulnerable women and girls and girls in the camp;
- Maintain good relations with community leaders and partners in the camp;
- Maintain records of activities and produce regular reports including weekly updates or Situational Reports (SitReP), success stories and lessons learnt;
- Contribute to a positive IMC team environment
Individual Guiding Principles
Ensure vulnerable women including survivors of GBV are safe at all times; Respect their wishes, rights and dignity; Keep their experiences confidential and do not discriminate them.
- Completion Diploma, Degree or experience in Social Work, Nursing, Counseling preferred.
- Back ground on case management or counseling
- Background in GBV, Human Rights and/or Protection.
- Experience in providing training
- Previous experience living in a hardship environment;
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to speak the local languages is highly preferred (Afar & Tigrigna)
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on August 28, 2020.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.