|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
We are looking for legal advisor and call centre coordinator to hire for the following project:
- The Ethiopian Investment Commission in collaboration with the ILO Advancing Decent Work Siraye and Bridges Programme is planning to establish call centres at Hawassa and Bole Lemi Industrial Parks.
- The Gender Expert will work under the direct supervision of the legal advisor. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the other experts in the Centre.
- Advise and coach factories to develop system to address GBVH and gender based discrimination as factories’ existing processes.
- Conduct regular risk GBVH and gender based discrimination assessments and provide advice on the establishment of adequate protection measures at factory, labour unit, One Stop shop and at the community level.
- Ensure integration of a gender perspective in the work of the center, labour unit and One Stop shop service.
- Conduct discussion platforms with workers, supervisors and managers to understand the risk of GBVH and design interventions in collaboration with partners to the improved safety and wellbeing of workers.
- Ensure proper collection and documentation of harassment and SGBV and other abuses and create referral linkages to provide comprehensive support.
- Conduct training needs assessment and facilitate the development of standardized training manuals and provisions of trainings in collaboration with partners.
- Collaborate with Hawassa University Gender Office to obtain use of their community support activities for legal aid and other support actions.
- Identify and share best practice, develop business cases and facilitate peer learning.
- Develop workplan and prepare reports on a quarterly basis.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BA degree in psychology, social science, Gender studies or other related field . Training in gender related topics and hands-on experience in gender mainstreaming would be advantageous.
- Experience in training, managing, advising and supporting a comprehensive response to GBV is essential; Work experience with private and/or manufacturing sector and knowledge of the local language is essential.
- Knowledge of the Garment and textile sector is advantageous.
- above 6 years of professional experience in various private or public sector offices.
Technical competencies -
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and communication skills. Decision-making skills. Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently. Ability to analyse defined aspects of legal issues, draft clearly and concisely to prepare studies and comments and take initiatives to keep up-to-date with new developments in the area of industrial relations and working conditions.
Behavioural competencies -
- Ability to: carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and guidelines; work within tight deadlines and respect confidentiality; adaptability.
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , by putting Application for Gender Expert in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline June 30th, 2021