WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2022|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Major duties & responsibilities
- Serve as an adviser to research team on gender integration and inclusion to design research and evaluation, evaluation objectives, data collection instruments and analysis with a gender and inclusion lens.
- Facilitate gender integration and inclusion in research including in the planning of workshops and co-develop gender integration action plan;
- Guide the processes of co-creation an organizational culture that is inclusive, promotes equity, and supports positive gender dynamics;
- Provide guidance on adaptation of research and evaluation protocol and technical materials for the target audiences and testing them;
- Support the use of the Gender Integration by providing context for each of the evaluation questions to identify opportunities for gender integration within an evaluation of the role and potential of private sector to increase access to family planning methods in Ethiopia;
- Advance gender equality and/or women and girls’ empowerment by ensuring and integrating gender perspective to the evaluation questions, objectives, analysis and report writing;
- Contribute to the reduction of gender barriers and/or gender gaps in access to family planning services; particularly from the private sector (if any);
- Support gender analysis as a critical and systematic examination of differences in the constraints and opportunities available to an individual or group of individuals based on their sex, gender, and/or other markers to identify gender gaps and barriers, as well as sources and consequences of inequalities in terms of accessing family planning services from the private health sector.
- Masters’ Degree is required in a related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of general work experience, and 6+ years’ experience in integrating gender and inclusion in projects in developing countries, preferably USAID-funded and in Jordan and the Middle East region.
- Experience in integrating gender equity, women’s economic empowerment and inclusion with government ministries and their counterparts.
- In-depth knowledge of gender and social inclusion considerations (constraints and opportunities) in Jordan.
- Experience with USAID gender and inclusion frameworks and analytical tools.
- Demonstrated experience advising on gender-sensitive and inclusive monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Fluency in Spoken and Written English.