|Location||Gursum East Harerge, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Gender & Livelihood Officer is answerable to the Project Team Leader and is responsible for:
- Livelihood activities and gender mainstreaming and proactive technical support to the projects operation of the area.
- Ensure Gender integration in the day-to-day activities
- Participate in gender-related events (meeting, workshops, conferences) and networks
- Assist and capacitate women to participate and get use of energy saving activities
- Organize and mobilize women to involve with self-help group system
- Plan, implement and follow up on gender-related activities and provide support to beneficiaries and ensure mainstreaming of gender in project activities
- Collect data on livelihood status on the beneficiaries
- Work with all officers and partners to ensure that gender equity principles are Incorporated into all policies and activities
- Prepare and submit reports directly to the Team Leader/Regional Projects Coordinator regularly
- Survey and identify livelihood development constraints and suggest the possible recommendations to the project office
Develop bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on gender & livelihood activities
- BA or MA degree in Social Sciences especially gender studies, or relevant disciplines from recognized University/College with Minimum of 3 years relevant experience for Bachelor and 1 year for Masters degree preferably in gender issues.
· Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)
· Strong knowledge and experience working with gender issues, women self- help groups; IGA, and value chain development.
· Deep knowledge in rural communities; particularly with rural women
· Good skills in reporting and monitoring
· Computer Literate
· Knowledge of Oromiffa required
The ideal candidate will also:
· Demonstrate commitment to the values, aims and principles of LWF/WS, including equal opportunity and gender sensitivity.
NGO experience is advantageous. Competent women are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through Ethiojobs.
· LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF World Service Ethiopia considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action to bring gender equity.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted