|Location||Gassera, Bale Zone, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lutheran World Federation Word Service Ethiopia (LWF/WS Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF Ethiopia works closely with the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY), the Ethiopian Government, UN organizations and other funding partners. Its thematic areas include promotion of food security and sustainable livelihood, sustainable natural resources managment, emergency preparedness, response and rehabilitation, and capacity building. LWF is in need of hiring qualified professionals to Gender Officer post.
Project Name: Gasera Sustainable Livelihood & Youth Economic Development Project - Bale, Oromia Region. Project Duration: Up to December 2020 with high possibility of Extension.
Masters or Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences especially gender studies or relevant disciplines from recognized University/College
Minimum of three years relevant experience for Bachelor and one year for Masters Degree preferable in gender issues
- Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)Excellent written and oral English Language skills,
- Ability to interact with people
- Strong knowledge and experience working with gender issues, women self-help groups, IGA and value chain development
- Deep knowledge in rural communities; particularly with rural women
- Good skills in reporting and monitoring
- Other job related trainings
- Oromifa Language is essential
- Previous related experience in NGO set up is advantageous
- Applications to be submitted to LWF Addis Ababa Head Office, Amist Kilo by inserting the application in the box provided at the main gate of the office compound or send only detailed CV and application letter through Ethiojobs.net
- Please specify name of position and duty station you applied for on the envelope/CV. Office Tel. 0111 55 62 25, 011 1 55 62 04.
- Salary is as per the LWF-ET National staff salary scale
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
- NGO Experience is advantageous
- Closing date for application: 20 July 2020, Only short listed applicants will be contacted