|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Only women candidates are considered
EOC-DICAC wants to hire qualified Gender Officer for its head office who fulfills the under-mentioned job description and qualifications.
Gender officer is responsible for supporting EOC-DICAC departments & services, coordination offices and projects to practically and strategically institutionalize integration of gender in all projects and its undertakings. The work of a gender officer is to support gender related issues by advocating, organizing events and providing trainings, soliciting funds, advising and supporting staff, relevant government bodies, civil society organizations, faith institutions and communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the mainstreaming of gender intervention through participation in the formulation of program/project goals/objectives, strategies, approaches and activities;
- Actively work in developing networks and partnerships with internal and external actor’s including local government offices;
- Ensure engagement with civil society organizations to address the interest of women and girls;
- Ensure gender responsive implementation of planned project and program activities;
- Contribute to the development of strategies to engage women and girls more fully in the development and decision making processes that affect their lives;
- Conduct an in-depth gender analysis/assessment and makes sure projects are gender sensitive right from the designing stage;
- Ensure gender activities are implemented as per the organization’s Annual Activity and Budget Plan approved by the project;
- Facilitates the establishment of mechanisms to ensure that services are in place to meet the needs of women, girls, boys and men equally;
- Ensure disaggregation of data in the project design, surveys and all monthly, quarterly and annual program activity reports;
- Ensure data is collected and used in the design and formulation of project and program strategies and advice on strategies that reflect the needs of women and girls;
- Prepare periodic progress reports and timely submit to the respective project focal person and immediate supervisor. Provides the necessary professional support to other departments & services, coordination and project offices;
- Participates in the planning, implementation, M & E of projects/programs with periodic travel to target sites;
- Performs other activities as instructed by the Gender head.
Term of Employment:
- One year with a possibility of extension
- MA/BA in Social Sciences especially gender studies, or relevant disciplines from recognized University/College with minimum of three years’ experience.
- A minimum of four years relevant experience for bachelor’s degree holders and two years of experience for master’s degree holders preferably on gender in NGO setting.
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written),
- Skills on networking, public relations and analytical skills,
- Public speaking and dialogue facilitation skills
- Ability to actively interact with people
- Strong knowledge and experience working with gender issues, women self-help groups, Income Generating Activities (IGA) and value chain development
- Deep knowledge in rural communities; particularly with rural women
- Good skills in gender analysis, gender disaggregated data, reporting and monitoring & evaluation
- Previous related experience in NGO set up is advantageous
- Training on gender & gender mainstreaming, gender analysis, community dialogue facilitation skills is an added advantage.
- Shall have at least Word and Excel software skills.
N.B. Only Women candidates are considered.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the MINUMUM requirement shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and credentials by or before July 11, 2021 via Email: email@example.com
Or hand delivery to HR Department of EOC-DICAC office located in Arada Sub-City in front of Tourist Hotel, Arat kilo square, Tel no. +251 943 302 340, 3rd floor or by post with the following address: HR Department, EOC-DICAC, P.O.Box 503, Addis Ababa.
Note: - Please make sure you mentioned the vacancy title and attach application (motivation) letter, CV and educational credentials. Applications without these will not be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
EOC-DICAC has the right to cancel the advertisement.