|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Ethiopia’s partners include Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Eyesus (EECMY), Lutheran churches related agencies, the European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM) and UN Agencies with whom we are a key implementing partner.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia.
LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action in a combination of considering competency to bring gender equity.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Position Holder:
- Is responsible for the implementation of livelihood activities;
- Is responsible for gender mainstreaming and proactive technical support to the projects operation of the area;
- Ensure gender integration in the day-to-day activities;
- Participate in gender-related events (meeting, workshops, conferences) and network within the Bale Regional Coordination in-order to stay updated about gender related development;
- Organize and mobilize women to involve with self-help group system and follow-up gender activities
- Organize and deliver Gender based trainings in the project
- Assist and capacitate women to participate and get use of fuel saving system;
- plan, implement and follow up on gender-related activities and provide support to beneficiaries and grantees on mainstreaming gender in project activities;
- Collect data on livelihood status of the beneficiaries;
- Work with all officers and partners to ensure that gender equity principles are incorporated into all policies and activities;
- Follow, observe and collaborate on work of trainings on poultry production and management with gender aspects and
- Follow, observe and collaborate on work of trainings on back yard gardening and multistory gardening with gender aspects;
- Attend inter agency meeting each month and participate in other meeting representing the Projects operation;
- Prepare and submit reports directly to the Team Leader/Regional Projects Coordinator regularly;
- Survey and identify livelihood development constraints and suggest the possible recommendations to the project office;
- Develop bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on gender & livelihood activities.
- Follow procedure as outlined in LWF World Service Ethiopia Staff Rules, Collective Agreement and other Operation Manuals.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him by the Regional Projects Coordinator or his designate.
Required Qualification and Work Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences especially gender studies or relevant disciplines from recognized University/College
- Minimum of three years relevant experience preferable in gender issues
- Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)Excellent written and oral English Language skills,
- Ability to interact with people
- Strong knowledge and experience working with gender issues, women self-help groups, IGA and value chain development
- Deep knowledge in rural communities; particularly with rural women
- Good skills in reporting and monitoring
- Other job related trainings
- Oromifa Language is essential
- Previous related experience in NGO set up is advantageous