|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 14, 2020|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The GSID Officer will be accountable to program Officer, resides at the head office with occasional travel to the project site, responsible among other things to:
Plan, develop GSID strategies, polices and approaches
- Develop an overall detailed action plan with measurable indicators to ensure that GSID strategies, policies and approaches are well known, understood and adhered to by internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, volunteers, apprentices, regularly updated, known and popularizes well as features in the vision and mission of MELCA-Ethiopia.
- Review and make sure that all policies, projects design, implementation, communication, adheres and take into considerations GSID provisions and principles
- Design programmatic GSID tools to be applied in the project, including MELCA ETHIOPIA ’s Social Analysis and Action Program, HR related GED analyses and gender budgeting, as well as mainstreaming in project development, resources mobilization and awerness and communication, beneficiaries selection, etc.
- Design the Young Female, marginalized, volunteers and Internship and mentorship program
- Design other interventions to help MELCA manage work force balance and diversity be it religious, ethnic, age, disability, etc.
- Serve as a focal person for GSID
Implementation of initiatives
- Lead the implementation of the GSID training of MELCA staff, beneficiaries as well as stakeholders,
- Serve as a focal person and liaison officer for GSID
- Support MELCA’s HR in organizing all female staff meetings to provide opportunities for female staff to feedback on their situations and environment.
- Provide direct support to MELCA’s HR to review its recruitment processes, based on analysis of best practice
- Partake in MELCA’s HR to improve staff induction and training procedures regarding GSID
- Implement the Young Female Internship program, with support from MELCA’s Program team and project staff members
- Work with MELCA’s staffing profile, Commitment declaration and test GSID
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
- With support from MELCA- Ethiopia M &E Officer and Program Manager and Project Coordinator and staff, design and collect quality data tracking mechanisms based on GSID policy and system impact measurement indicators, Working with MELCA staffs, compile project related data, provide comparative analysis, extract lessons and disseminate as appropriate
- Develop promotional and informative materials about GSID initiatives within the project, program and new initiatives
- Report and prepare documents on monthly and quarterly basis report on GSID implementation
- Contribute to project outcome mapping, ongoing activity based monitoring and periodic evaluation
- BA/BSc Degree in social or natural science with additional training in the areas of GSID
- 2 and above years in GSID, preferably in an NGOs environment.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills; project design, monitoring and mainstreaming of GSID into organization vision, mission, program and projects development and development of tools., voluntarism and related subject Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Language Firm belief and commitment in teamwork; Excellent computer skills; Working knowledge and understanding of nature management and sustainable development
- Sex: Female
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Closing date: – within 5 working days from the date of the publication of this announcement.
Interested applicants should submit a non-returnable copy of their updated CV, application letter, scanned (scanned) credentials and all supporting documents through e-mail, post mail or in person (hand delivery or post mailed applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope), to the following addresses:
E-mail to [email protected] Or P.O. Box 1519 code 1250
MELCA – Ethiopia’s Head office, Addis Ababa, in front of Ambassador Theatre, Kidane Beyene Building, first floor Room no. 903/6,
Only selected candidates will be contacted and MELCA-Ethiopia will reserve the right to use, if need be alternative means.
Females are encouraged to apply.