|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2020|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Technical Support (50%)
Supports program managers and field teams with the mainstreaming of gender equality in project design and implementation,
Supports the field teams with gender analysis throughout the project life cycle,
Supports the development of gender sensitive and gender specific data collection tools and the reporting matrix,
Guides and advises program managers and field teams with the development and deployment of tools, including but not limited to developing context specific gender strategies per project to increase the participation of women and girls or to remove existing barriers and create equal participation,
Develops methodologies and plans to promote positive masculinity and to engage men and boys in social change processes,
Advises and supports program managers and field teams in their efforts to strengthen partnerships with donors who have a keen interest in supporting programs on gender equality,
Ensures that program reporting captures challenges and successes around gender equality and provide sound analysis.
Training and Capacity Building (25%)
Identifies training needs to ensure quality programs on gender equality and develops concrete capacity development plans for project staffs and implementing partners,
Supports the preparation of, or the dissemination of toolkits, training manuals and checklists for each focus area/sector, projects in CDF programming regions,
Supports the program manages, field teams and partners in organizing workshops on relevant topics that focus on changing knowledge, attitudes and behaviour towards women and girls, men and boys.
Policy, Advocacy and Partnerships (15%)
Ensures the adequate use of existing gender reporting tools and strategies that strengthen and advances CDF’s work in gender equality,
Develops and strengthens core partnerships and networks with key stakeholders in the gender equality sector, including global and regional networks (i.e. CCIC Gender policy group and other relevant networks), and multi-lateral institutions to contribute to the gender equality policy dialogue,
Participates in discussion groups and collective advocacy initiatives at the global level, advances key gender equality positions and contributes to policy papers, standards and tools in collaboration with networks globally,
Works with the programs team to ensure alignment with prevailing external trends and innovation in the field of gender equality and ensure they adopt best practices across programs and the organization.
Develops and strengthens core partnerships and networks with key universities, research institutions, international NGOs and contributes to the broader gender equality research base,
Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and other colleagues using a collaborative, cross-organizational process to inform a comprehensive program that advances evidence-based research for gender equality in co-operatives,
Contributes to articles, panels and policy and research groups to share research results and best practices.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in dealing with issues of women’s rights and gender equality within public institutions, Government of Canada, UN agencies and/or international systems,
- At least 5 years of working experience at the international level, experience in the field an asset,
- Experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating development projects and programs with a gender lens,
- An understanding of development and gender issues in co-operatives, farmers’ associations,
- Familiarity with and experience in quantitative and qualitative participatory research methods.
- Master’s or a related discipline, or a combination of an undergraduate degree with field experience,
- Cultural sensitivity and use of culturally appropriate approaches to communicate and interact with teams at head office and in the field, and other diverse audiences,
- Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team,
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt, learn and change through self-awareness and management of emotions and an ability to develop supportive and productive working relationships,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills,
- Fluent written and spoken English. French and / or Spanish an asset.
Project:Volunteers for International Co-operation and Empowerment (VOICE)
Location: Project is based in five locations – Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and Malawi
Reporting: Manager, Programs
Term: Volunteer Contract – Fixed Term
Status: Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen or possess permanent resident card (PR Card)
Travel: Travel is required
COVID-19 – In light of the corona virus (COVID-19) and to protect our candidates’ and interviewers’ health and well-being, we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. This circumstance may also cause application delays, as such we will reassess the situation over the coming months to determine if a extension to the deadline for submission is required.
Application Process and Deadline
- Applications must be received no later than Tuesday April 14, 2020.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants must include cover letter and resume. Cover letter must include salary expectation.
Please reference the job title “VOICE Gender Specialist’ in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected]
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted!