|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Under direct order and supervision of the General service chief and/or team leader, General Service Worker L1 is responsible for maintaining pallets, building items such as furniture and stairs, doors, windows in the brewery, and external BGI premises.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Construct new pallets when necessary and ensure their maintenance & repair
- Repair the building doors, windows, and all wooden furniture.
- Prepare sample boxes for the laboratory.
- Dismantle packing boxes when machinery arrives.
- Prepare packing boxes for machine transportation when needed.
- Build new wooden materials whenever necessary.
- Prepare formwork for concert casting.
- Engage and work together with civil workers during construction.
- Perform roof maintenance & repair work.
- Fabricate different types of wooden cabinets & shelves when needed.
- Perform any carpentry job not mentioned here.
- Assist other workers in any type of work in the section.
- Keep and confirm neatness of working area from any scrapes and the compound which is mandatory.
- Handle carefully hand tools, measuring instruments, and others that the company provides him to use.
- Respect, obey and implement orders, company rules, and regulations.
- Perform all duties as per the company’s rules and regulations.
- Participate in any emergency repairs.
- Coach newly employed section workers by communicating with other sections.
- Apply the work procedures of the section which are developed by the company.
- Perform any other related tasks as required ordered by immediate supervisor & concerned person of the company.
Other Health, Safety, and Quality Responsibilities:
- Ensure all quality system procedures are being implemented and records kept in the section.
- Ensure a safe working environment by contributing to the implementation Of Health and Safety policy, systems, and procedures
- Confirm the use of safety devices among section employees
- Establish that all equipment, plant, and substances used are suitable for the task and are kept in good working condition; this includes the regular maintenance and servicing of equipment.
- Take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to health and safety arising from the work activity and report to the concerned department
- Tools and Equipment Management
- Inter-departmental Communication, being flexible in challenging circumstances and diverse situations.
- Minimizing scrap and Reducing Downtime
- Quality of work
- Safeguard of the company asset
Expected Education and Experience
- Minimum high school completion and experience in wood and metalworking
- 2 years in related work
Qualified candidates should submit your application only through ethiojobs.net