|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The General Services Manager is responsible to plan, direct or coordinate general and property services of the company including facilities planning and maintenance of company vehicles, office properties and utilities.
He/she provides leadership in planning, managing, implementing, and maintaining systems and procedures to ensure the smooth operations and effectiveness of office support services in the company.
- Manage general service, vehicle maintenance, insurance, utility bills, support operations and property administration;
- Lead the development/adaptation of general services and property administration guidelines and procedures such as property admin, leases, motor pool, fuel and utilities management and maintenance, insurance, security and cleaning, canteen, etc;
- Manage all general service contracts with service providing companies and vendors including insurance companies, garages, security and cleaning companies, equipment/furniture maintenance companies, etc;
- Ensure regular review of all service contracts with service providers and vendors for competitiveness in the market so as to obtain the best value for money;
- Ensure the proper management and regular maintenance of all office vehicles, including rented vehicles, their gas usage and ensure that they are inspected and registered with government offices, repairs of property, grounds or utilities in the offices and also for expatriate housing;
- Ensure that all important documents related to general services operations and administration including contract agreements, correspondences are kept appropriately;
- Ensure that office furniture and equipment inventory is regularly updated and ensure regular maintenance of office equipment as and when needed;
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure an annual Fixed Asset Report is prepared, then updated based on regular inventory count including overseeing the disposal properties;
- Work closely with HR office for tracking issues related to entitlements/working tools;
- Oversee management of office stores for supplies and furniture’s, ensure appropriate use of office stationeries, supervise office stationary stock and ensure cleanliness of store room;
- Ensure that company’s properties are insured, the list of property is updated, and there is follow up on any insurance claims;
- Lead work space arrangements for staff, configuring office and common areas, and organize furniture and other procurement, repairs and improvements as needed;
- Serve as main contact person with the landlord for the office(s) buildings and expatriate houses and negotiate terms of leases in cases of renewal, or termination of contracts;
- Travel to all factories to provide support in general services and facility administrations;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor;
- B.A Degree in any field management is preferable
- 6 Years for B.A. degree relevant work experience out of which 4 years in general services management
- Advanced skill in computer, good presentation and report writing
- Ability to provide leadership, communicates effectively, and promotes a team approach.
- Able to communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form.
- Able to adjust to fast changing business conditions and is always result oriented.
- Extensive knowledge of customs laws, rules and regulations.
- Proficient in computer application skills.
- High work ethic
- Detail orientation
- Active contributor to the development of the desired organizational culture
Please title your application with subject line: -"General Services Manager"
Candidates meeting the above-required qualifications are invited to send their CV through firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: June 21, 2021