|Location||Addis Ababa with upto 70% field travel to the field (mainly Afar region)., Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Generalist Filed Officer 2 (1 year fixed term contract), based in Addis Ababa with upto 70% field travel to the field (mainly Afar region).
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the daily management and maintenance of office / residential premises, and Contributes in a delegation or sub-structure to implementing (or implements) and following up various field activities, in accordance with objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment as relevant to the ICRC. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation.
- Contributes to designing projects.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information about the projects and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates in internal and external meetings and develops and maintains contacts with municipal/regional authorities, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent Society branches and the population.
- Participates in, and may carry out independently, administrative follow-up of field missions.
- University degree in Social Science or similar
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in similar fields
- 1–2 years program/project experience with national/international organizations or other humanitarian agencies or in the private sector
- Very good command of written and spoken English and Amharic and Afarigna. Other language skills are an asset
- Very good knowledge of the region (geography, culture, politics). Knowledge of other operational areas a strong asset.
- Solid understanding of federal/regional affairs
- Very good computer and MS Office proficiency
- Valid manual driving license (3rd grade/Public 1/Auto)
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date September 12, 2021
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process