|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Can you think outside of the gift box when it comes to coming up with ideas for gifts that no one else would have thought of?
Do you have a knack for writing convincingly about any topic?
Can you turn ideas into high-quality prose in a few hours, not days?
Are you a scrappy, ambitious self-starter who's eager to create content that converts?
If so, you could make a great Gift Guides Copywriter for National Today. We have an amazing opportunity for the right type of person to flex a well-researched and engaging style while still keeping the copy concise and easy to read for any potential online gift shoppers. You'll write content for NationalToday.com, creating original content that will reach and impact a global audience.
At National Today, we track, identify, and outline the best gift ideas per category or type of person, and take a unique approach to connect consumers with some of the most exciting retailers around.
We're adding several different gift guides to our site. We delight in providing well-researched, relatable, trustworthy, and compelling content so that our audiences know they can trust our judgment and follow our advice when shopping for that ideal gift.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write article-style guides for gifts available to purchase online in a convincing and appealing style
- Brainstorm interesting and viral story angles for eclectic and interesting content
- Efficiently and accurately research information relevant to given topics
- Take creative and quality ownership (manage full ideation to execution cycle) and provide strategic ideas
- Be able to take a minimal amount of direction and create fully fleshed out copy
- Write in multiple brand voices, for different demographics and a range of product genres
- Craft catchy and share-worthy website content
Requirements and Experience:
- 1+ years relevant work experience, preferably in a professional writing capacity
- Expert level US English and strong grammar
- Be able to deliver on a deadline
- Able to reply to coworkers and team via email in an efficient and timely manner
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to write to specifications and graciously integrate feedback from various parties
- Writing samples that make us laugh, cry, applaud, or otherwise feel jealous that we didn't write them
- Bachelor's degree or higher