|Location||Addis Ababa, Grain Sites, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 58 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent, and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation, and integrity. The ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, the Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position: - Grain Quality Grader I
Job Grade: - 5
Duty Station: - All ECX Grain Sites (Voluntary to be assigned and work in all ECX branch Offices)
Availability: - As soon as possible
Job Purpose: - Conduct inspection, analysis, grading and certify incoming commodities as per ECX quality standards
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receives and registers incoming samples and duplicates given codes based on information obtained from the data assistant/coder;
· Measures the moistures content of the sample, and accept or disallow as per the standard set for each commodity;
· Properly mixes the sample before dividing and proceed to inspection;
· Divides the sample into working, reference and client distribution samples;
· Performs inspection, analysis and sets grade to the sample as per the ECX grading procedures;
· Prepares accurate grading sheet in three copies and distributes to the appropriate section;
· Properly places the reference samples and maintains the samples for 20 working days, and gives the client sample with the grade certificate issued;
· Properly bulks the leftover sample in accordance with the standard set for bulking, documents and transfers to the WH as per commodity delivery form;
· Ensures proper handling and placement of lab materials and equipment;
· Makes periodic inspection of commodities stored in the WH to give advice or recommendation in order to ensure the quality of stored commodities;
· Responsible and accountable for all grades that come out of his/her laboratory;
· In case of suspicion on samples requests re-sampling before the quality assessment is carried out and informs the immediate supervisor;
· Recommends improvement actions for poor quality;
· Always maintains the neatness of laboratory and equipment;
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· BSC in Plant science/Crop science/Food science or related fields and 15 to 30 days intensive quality determination training
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant documents via email@example.com or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa, or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before August 28, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.