|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Strategic Resource Development
- Support the grant acquisition strategic plan development (including donor landscape analysis, partner mapping, donor engagement plan, annual targets and scorecard)
- Develop, revisit, and adhere to the donor engagement strategy for greater grant stability and growth.
- Conduct pre-capture and capture work, and recommends strategies to enhance competitiveness and increase organizational growth.
- Stay up to date with country-specific response plans by the U.N., donors active in the relevant clusters, and other key actors
- Contribute to planning of events and development of Capacity Statements and other promotional materials
- Lead the development and timely completion of high-quality project proposals, concepts, designs and plans
- Coordinate actual project design, implementation, and evaluation in collaboration with the technical sector heads, zonal managers and key support functions.
- Support the office in maintaining donor engagement by developing and maintaining effective relationships with donors and support offices to establish partnerships, and seek additional funding opportunities
- Lead, identify proposal team needs, defines team member roles, manages overall process to ensure a competitive bid is presented to the donor, and engage oversees team member inputs to ensure quality
- The job holder also contributes to the humanitarian portfolio, which requires rapid emergency response mechanisms
- Represent the organization in workshops and conferences where new business development opportunities can be formulated, as indicated by the line manager
- Lead the Grant Risk Assessment and Go No-Go process as per WV policy, and collect requested approvals
- Support Resource Development and Management team to coordinate and timely conduct grant start-ups and close-outs process
- Support the team to manage the overall health and grants management as per the donor regulation compliance such as budget monitoring and burn rates, reporting, procurement, hiring, activity implementation, subgrantee monitoring, audit findings, risk mitigation, etc.)
Knowledge Management and Reporting
- Ensure the proper updating and functional system for timely documentation of acquisition final narrative and budget related, awarded agreements and other related files.
- Actively work with Communication Manager to capture success stories and communication materials as per donor requirements and external engagement plans.
- Lead the development of NECR content for key external engagement events, digital communication and printed documents to strengthen donor engagement and cultivation (NECR impact report; capacity statements, donor briefs, evidence gathering special projects)
- Create and maintain grant management information system and provide business analytics on grant portfolio performance
- Conduct after action review when needed
- Support staff capacity building
Contribute to Program and Strategy team (e.g. reporting; backstopping; etc)
Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
Attend, participate in, and lead devotional/chapel meetings as scheduled and convened
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- For BA degree 7 years and for Master’s 5 years of working experience amongst 2 of which have been in the capacity of concept notes and proposal development management within high pressure environment
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Relevant degree (e.g., international or development studies; business administration; social science disciplines; etc.)
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Postgraduate qualifications or relevant technical/vocational studies and technical training e.g., Grant Management, Project management cycle, etc.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of proposal and budget requirements and regulations of major donors including the OFDA, ECHO, DFID, UN agencies, German government.
- Familiarity with humanitarian codes, minimum standards, principles and practice.
- Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners on donor requirements
- Proven track record for multi-sector grant management.
- Basic financial awareness, with the ability to support budget development
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and detail orientation, even under time pressure
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Proven interpersonal, representation, networking, negotiation and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build trust and relationships to work productively and to inspire teamwork even without line management authority
- Ability to identify risks and issues and escalate them in a timely manner for proper resolution
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a context of people with various ethnic and religious backgrounds
- Understanding of World Vision’s standards and commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement, including participation in regular devotions. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet) required
- Willing and able to travel within and outside the country for work assignments and/or to attend national, regional and partnership-wide meetings and events
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25 % of the time.
Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)