|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 17, 2019|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Grant Finance and Compliance officer – PASEWAY project for Country Office who will be reporting to the Grant Finance and Compliance Coordinator. In dot matrix to the PASEWAY Project Manager.
Dimensions of the Role
Supporting the grant Finance and compliance coordinator to ensure that project resources are utilized for the intended purposes and to ensure that financial information of the sub grant are accurate and reflecting the reality of transactions incurred at all times.
- Ensures that all financial transactions of the Urban PA and country office comply with donor and BMZ financial policies and procedures for the PASEWAY project.
- Review expense reports submitted by partners for advance liquidation and checking for legitimacy, accuracy, proper cost classification, and coding according to master Budget data/disbursed/.
- Responsible for processing of invoice entering in Donor reporting temple. On a monthly basis.
- Verifies that vendors' invoices are supported by objective evidence (proper VAT Invoices, Purchase Order, Quotes, delivery documents etc.) and complies with BMZ and donor rules before advance liquidation.
- Reviews PA and CO training payments paid by both parties according to BMZ’s per diem payment policy and review.
- Organize timesheet submission reminder to those staffs paid as per LOE and ensure that all timesheets are received on time.
- Responsible for scanning all payment invoice and keep in traceable manner for donor submission and Audit verification process.
- Assists in the partner advance liquidation process.
- Collects bank advices for cash receive of Donor and keep filing both in soft and hard copy for financial report calculation purpose/weighted average calculation/.
- Responsible for maintenance of a proper filling system of payment vouchers, photocopying and dispatching of payment vouchers to Germany National office.
- Responsible for ensuring that financial documents are ready for Audit processes and make ready for Audit process on time.
- Responsible for transactions review and make necessary adjustment like wrong grant code etc.
- Responsible for cash forecasting request process and work with the project manager.
- Review sub grantee monthly financial reports, provide feedback for appropriate corrective action and process sub grantee requests for payment.
- Identify sub grantee capacity building needs and provide technical assistance where needed.
- Undertake regular sub grantee monitoring visits to review financial records and ensure compliance with the sub grantee agreement requirements and GNO and regulations.
- Develop and maintain a data base of sub grantees for tracking sub grantee expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and report sub grantee burn rates, implementation challenges or deviations from plans.
- Filing and maintaining proper sub grantee records. Including scanning per the donor requirement.
- Participate in the grant close out process.
- Any other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
The closing date for the application is December 21, 2019. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.