|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to support effective implementation of Grant based projects by managing the overall financial management and monitoring of portfolio of grants projects through supervising, coordinating, standardizing, and consolidating Grant Finance Coordinators who are assigned to budget, donor reporting, capacity building on donor compliance and Funding Agreement Document (FAD) administration. In addition, the position holder maintains the Grants Information System and provides grants-related financial analysis.
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Grant Reporting (30%)
- Establish donor reporting protocol (financial) for each grant before this goes into implementation phase and ensure project team oriented on the same.
- Review monthly grants reporting schedule produced by Grants Finance Coordinators
- Review monthly/quarterly/half-yearly/yearly financial reports of all projects under grants fund in line with donor regulations and requirement and in donor format with accuracy and within schedule date
- Respond to donor/NO feedback on financial report with justifications if necessary for any variance in excess or under utilization
- Prepare/review shared cost calculation of all projects on periodically
- Prepare grant financial report of Plan International Ethiopia for MEESA, PIE Finance and CLT for management decision making.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for management to ensure good quality project implementation.
- Prepare the monthly financial report summary for the active grant during the reporting period
- Ensure monthly detail grant report prepared by grant finance coordinators.
- Liaise with Donor and Support Office regarding the grants project budget, project income, expenditure and reporting
Audit Facilitation (20%)
- Prepare/ review TOR of Audit for project financial audit following donor terms and conditions
- Be the grants focal point for audit of grants funded projects by different auditors (internal, external including donors) and ensure all information and documents related to the audit of grant funded projects per requirement of the auditors;
- Facilitate the audit practices of fund providers (Donors/NO).
- Ensure/ review closeout notification and checklist for project 3 months before closing of a project
- Report the audit logging sheet including outcomes of the audit to the regional office every quarter.
- Ensure all follow-up actions and implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings.
- Organize lesson learnt session in collaboration with the project team at the closure of grants project and ensure documentation of the same for future improvement in managing grants projects.
- Ensure Grant closure according to organizational policy
Due Diligence and Liquidation and Grant Budget Management (15%)
- Prepare and submit the Indicative Grant Funding on monthly bases to MEESA.
- Ensures Grant Budget proposals are prepared in conformity with Cost recovery guideline of Plan international Ethiopia.
- Regularly updates and organizes budget information (Addition and Deduction) of authorized budget in Separate Spread sheet for data analysis.
- Ensure Grant cleansing is followed up and appropriate action is taken in time.
- Ensure Conducting due diligence on partners pre-selection phase and provide recommendation on partners selection.
- Ascertain the sub grant fund is used appropriately based on stated initial plan by partners.
- Ensure that Plan International Ethiopia project implementation is in accordance with Plan Financial Standards and Policies (Cost recovery rate maintained including apportioned cost)
- Ensure that Plan International Ethiopia project implementation is in accordance with the Government of Ethiopia’s rules and regulation
- Manage the Grant Tracking Sheet and provide timely financial analysis across a portfolio of grants to Program team to ensure the effective and solid implementation of projects.
- Ensure spending is within the budget limit to control under/overspending within project.
- Annual capacity building plan for Plan and Partner organizations is in place and implemented; necessary budget for capacity building is provisioned in the budgets of the grants project including providing SAP grant induction to grant team members; this is to allow grant team able to support program members
- Ensure that Prepare Training modules/ training materials on different donor compliance for Plan and Partner are developed and updated.
- Hands on tools/guidelines on the compliance requirements of different donors are prepared and made available for Plan and partner staff for their ready reference.
- Ensure participation of Grants team members in the Project’s quarterly/half-yearly/Yearly meeting for sharing donor compliance, critical issues and expenditure status of the project.
Team Management (20%)
- Implement a capacity development plan and create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices.
- Monitor the performance of staff members continuously and conduct semi-annual performance review for everyone in the unit.
- Provide a supervisory role to the Grants Finance Coordinators in ensuring continuity of the project cycle management and adherence to Finance Manual
- Train and provide mentoring to all grant finance staff on matters related to grants finance management.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications/ experience essential:
· Education at First Degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as Accounting and Finance
· At least 7 years of relevant experience as Grant Accountant / Grant Finance/Grant Manager which at least 3 years in managerial position with NGOs in leading programs/ projects or demonstrated equivalent combination.
· Ability to develop effective working relationships across a network.
· Experience of International NGO grant management systems and financial regulations
· Knowledge of Grants Administration especially system management and donor compliance in reporting of diverse institutional donors (EU, USAID, ECHO, UNICEF, GFFO, DFID etc.)
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
· Demonstrated knowledge in cost recovery principles and systems, experience in implementing a cost recovery system is preferable.
· Experience in managing performance and facilitating development of staff is preferred.
· Fluency in English language is essential
· Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.