|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Grant Finance Manager to be based at Country Office.
Grant Finance and Compliance Manager will manage the overall financial management and financial monitoring of grants projects and its related financial requirements implemented across the country; maintains the Grants Information System and provides grants-related financial analysis and reports including leading on grant compliance to donor’s condition and procedure. Grant Finance Manager also requires monitoring and updating Grant Audit Action Lists each quarter.
The position holder directly supervises the Grants team members (Grant Finance Coordinators and Cost Recovery Coordinator) who are assigned to budget, donor reporting, capacity building on donor compliance and Funding Agreement Document (FAD) administration. He/She needs to work in partnership with Program teams and is responsible for leading the implementation of cost recovery implementation as per agreed Plan International policy and procedure, prepares all budgets of Plan International Ethiopia in line with Financial Policy and Standards set by International Head Quarters, and oversees grants administrative documentation within grants funded projects. He/She also preserves documents to satisfy donors/NO’s requirements with the support of the Grants Coordinator, monitors and manages donor requirements and compliance in the grant funded projects.
To be successful, applicants need to have a Master’s degree or a B.A in Accounting and Finance or other related fields with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar or senior role in an INGO.
Skills & Behaviors
- In-depth experience of budget preparation, using previous lessons learned
- Understanding of donor regulations and seeks solutions to ensure financially viable projects within donor regulations
- Good quality analytical communication skills to work with Plan and donor stakeholders
- Capacity to design and deliver training content for grants management including donor compliances
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Qualification as an accountant, with recognized certification
- At least five years of experience in similar job preferably in an INGO
- Experience of International NGO grant management systems and financial regulations
- Knowledge of Grants Administration especially system management and donor compliance in reporting of diverse institutional donors (EU, USAID, ECHO, UNICEF, GFFO, DFID etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge in cost recovery principles and systems, experience in implementing a cost recovery system is preferable.
- Experience in managing performance and facilitating development of staff is preferred.
- The closing date for the application in June 30, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.