|Location||Kombolcha, BPDO head office, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Beza posterity development organization /BPDO/ is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental humanitarian organization working on three programmatic interventions like Health, Socio economic, capacity building and Advocacy programs in four regional states of the country.
Currently BPDO has entered a project agreement with USAID to implement HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Services for Key Populations activities in all woredas of Amhara region. As per this BPDO wants to recruit interested applicants who fulfilled the minimum requirements as an employee.
Grant managers are mainly in managing the overall grant and Finance Compliances requirements of the project.
The most crucial part of a job is to meet USAID Compliances requirements in the financial and operational needs of the project.
The Position also need to provide clear communication of proper rules and regulations for approving grant and finance its specifications, requirements and objectives across all departments of the organization and the project
Duties and Responsibilities of a Grant and Finance Manager
- Support the Admin, Finance and Grant Director in actively managing and monitoring the grants to ensure the quality of reporting and timely contract deliverables
- Facilitate monthly report review process for the project and facilitate joint programmatic and financial reports reviews, ensuring that costs incurred are in line with the progress and clear explanations are provided for budget variances as per the standards financial reporting requirements.
- Organize a post award briefing workshop & trainings on Fraud reporting requirements, introduce new financial reporting requirements and the new uniform administrative requirements, cost principles and Audit requirements for Federal Awards, share major Audit findings and ensure compliance of 100% donor expectations
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the project
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the Donor and organization
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee the job invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
- Provide detailed reports to the Donors and Admin Finance and Grant Director with respect to the organization's progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with the project grant-
- Conduct grant and financial monitoring visits for sub awardees and project coordination offices and Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Develop budgets and budget justification which include proofing the budget for inconsistencies and ensuring accuracy.
- Attend monthly PPR review meeting with the leadership team and complete recommended action points
- Follow the proper implementation of compliances for each sub-recipients
- Implement and coordinate on supporting capacity building activities and follow up the actual implementation of grants as per the standard policies and regulations to ensure efficient utilization of resources in ethical manner.
- Contribute to preparing responses to audit requests and specific reporting requirements for sub awards
- Prepare, VAT reports and cost share reports to under the project
- Prepare monthly budget variance analysis and give recommendations
- Implements financial projection planning and control processes by following time schedules; monitoring deadlines; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by developing budgeting and reporting systems applications
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles
- Review annual budgets and recommend any changes if needed
- Establish accurate cash flow forecasts regarding expenses and revenues and manage regular reporting requirements.
Duration of employment: one year with possibility of extension.
Qualification, experiences, Essential Skills and Abilities
- BSC Degree in Accounting and Finance with 8 years’ experience and MA/MBA Degree with 6 years’ work experiences
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of USAID Grant and Finance management activities
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the other project staff
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
- Strong analytical, problem solving and computer skills
Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements are requested to submit their application with full details of qualifications and experience to Beza Posterity Development Organization Kombolcha Head office or p.o.box 115 or through email firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to ethiojobs .net.