|Location||Siliti Woreda, Siliti, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Project Officer will oversee the planning, co-ordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Trachoma project. The Project Officer is responsible for the successful implementation, follow-up and completion of all activities designed in Trachoma prevention and treatment project in Silti Woreda. Specifically, responsible for application of the WHO recommended SAFE strategy planning, execution, organization, and follow-up to contribute the elimination of blinding trachoma and strengthen the health system in Sliti Woreda. The incumbent is also responsible in achieving the designed output and objectives of the project through effective collaboration with responsible Government line departments and other relevant organizations and ensure the specific results are achieved in proper quality and time and all necessary administrative and financial rules are adhered to Government regulation and donor’s requirements.
Basic Duties and responsibilities
- In collaboration with project staff and regional, zonal and Woreda staff, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the SAFE implementation in the project areas.
- Manage project resources (human, financial and property) and coordinate, supervise and provide technical support to the project staff for satisfactory and timely implementation of the planned projects activities
- Provide supportive supervision and support for successful implementation of project activities and all levels of the project cycle
- Play a coordination role towards the elimination of TT by engaging all partners working at Zonal and Woreda levels to ensure the project is contributing to the trachoma elimination interventions. It is the role of the Project Officer to lead the screening Campaign and the TT surgery service provision maintained to reach the elimination targets using static and outreach approaches in the woreda.
- Identify project risks wherever they exist and manage them as agreed.
- Ensure the program quality through surgical quality audit, surgical outcome assessment joint supportive supervision and data verification approaches in consultation with the woreda Health office to ensure the program quality assurance and project services
- Support capacity building of health office staffs in collaboration with Program team on use of monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning systems/tools.
- Ensure the synergy of the project with another program
- Control monitoring and Evaluation process of the project and formulation of alternative project strategies and proposal Development when deemed
- Ensure quality of project plan, timely submission of monthly, quarterly, annual, M&E Activities, any other reports of projects delivered to ACFDO, ChildFund Country Office, the government and for the community as deemed
- Collaborate with HEW, HDAs, Health workers, Local authorities in disseminating the importance of Trachoma prevention and treatment services
- Contribute to the development of quality assurance and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, including baseline data, aimed at improving the quality and quantity of the service delivery of trachoma project in Siliti woreda
- Accountable for development and submission of timely high quality and analytical progress reports (narrative and financial) of the project.
- Maintain updated / analyzed project data, document and share innovation, best practices and/or case studies that demonstrate progress towards achieving project objectives through formal reports and relevant formal and/or informal platforms
- Aiming at getting support for productive project management, the project officer will establish strong relationship with key partners and stakeholders to eliminate blinding trachoma from the Siliti Zone. The key partners include the SNNPR RHB, ZHD, WoHOs, CWs, PHCUs, BoFED and others
- In coordination with the Project team, provides leadership, coordination and guidance to Regional and Woreda Health Offices NTD team for the timely development of quarter and annual work plans and reports (quarterly, annual) ensuring high quality
- Prepare monthly, quarter, annual financial budgets and monitor expenditure against these,
- Ensure financial output is in line with the program delivery and justify if any deviation from the expected level.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- The incumbent is expected to collaborate with government counterparts, donors /partners and with other Aynage CFDO and ChildFund staffs
Reports to: Manager
- Employment Type: full time contract until March 2022.
Supervises: Project Community Development Facilitator (CDFs)
Required number: - 1
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/Ophthalmology or Public Health Officer with Five years or more of relevant experience in managing Ophthalmic nurse, senior Eye Care Service provider who have degree with others health related Program)
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in implementing eye care services in particular Trachoma (strong understanding and demonstration of the TT surgery, MDA and SAFE strategy)
- Experience on blindness prevention, trachoma, and/or preventive ophthalmology is an advantage.
- Experience in team Management
- Good knowledge of NGO working rules
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent in spiking and written English and good in communicator in the local language and working in renowned NGO(s) is advantageous.
- Excellent report writing skill and data management
- Respect, accountability, courage, transparency, interpersonal skills, Proactive, problem solving, planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work with stamina and noncompliant in emergency case
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office applications including word and PowerPoint.
Interested applicants can submit their non-returnable updated CV(not more than 3pages), Application letter(1page) and 01/one/page table summarizing Educational Qualification, Work experiences, Technical Skills/Knowledge, and Competency within 7 (Seven) working days, to Aynage Child and Family Development Organization(ACFDO) main office in person at Kibet Town located 147km from Addis Ababa-Alemgena-Butajira- Hosaena main road; Kibet town around Kibet Town Municipality
Clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line of your application as “Application for Grant Project Officer (Trachoma) Position”. And Academic Credentials and Supporting documents are not required at this application stage.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged and called for the recruitment written and interview tests.
This Vacancy is Open to: All interested Ethiopian Nationals Only.
“Qualified and competent women are highly encouraged to apply”