|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Department/Program: Grants and Contracts
Reports to: Grants and Contracts Director
Direct Reports: Grants and Contracts Coordinator
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for an experienced Grants and Contracts Manager that ensure sub-award compliance and performance under the MULU/KPUSAID-funded project by (i) leading and overseeing the solicitation, identification, pre-assessment, matching, negotiation and implementation processes for all sub-partner agreement terms and conditions; (ii) reviewing all financial reports and institution-wide partner performance against allocated budgets and targets;(iii) ensuring timely disbursements and action in the case of non-compliance; and (iv) leading and overseeing organization-wide institutional capacity assessments, supportive supervision, partner audits, and capacity building approaches.
Key Result Areas:
- Compliance management (eg., compliance within portfolio, deviations from standards, actions against deviations, sub awards’ and cost-share)
- Sub-partners and sub-grantee monitoring and performance management (eg., number of monitoring visits, sub awards actual Vs forecast performance)
- Contract award and implementation
- Capacity building (eg., active use of capacity building plan; sub awards capacity building on financial management and internal control systems)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Grants and Contracts Director in actively managing and monitoring sub awardees to ensure the quality of reporting and timely contract deliverables.
- Facilitate monthly report review process from sub awardees and facilitate joint programmatic and financial reports reviews, ensure that costs incurred are in line with the progress and clear explanations are provided for budget variances as per the standards set by PSI new financial reporting requirements.
- Support implementation of the new SR subaward requirements including reviewing 50 to 100% invoices of LIPs on monthly basis depending upon the risk level.
- Prepare the SR subs management review feedback report
- Communicate reports and follow responses for financial review feedbacks.
- Provide professional technical support for Direct Funded LIPs
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of expenses charged, on pipeline and disallowed.
- Release advances monthly after conducting reconciliation
- Conduct joint monitoring visits with G & C team, Mulu KP Program team.
- Verify any field support evidence of charges reported to PSI by LIPs including contacting vendors, employees, and suppliers of LIPs for matters;
- Oversee report review for compliance with terms and conditions donor and PSI rules and regulation, coordinating timely cash disbursements for sub awardees under MULU: KP Project.
Generic Duties of the Position:
- Enforce and monitor complete and up to date records for sub awardees ensuring easy access to required supporting documentation for authorized staff in a secure and centralized location.
- Develop budgets and budget justification which include proofing the budget for inconsistencies and ensuring accuracy.
- Drive and monitor implementation of a proactive, rigorous, risk-based, and effective sub-awardee monitoring system and approach.
- Prepare VAT reports and review cost share reports to sub awardees under MULU: Key populations activity Project.
- Work with program staff in the development and negotiation of subaward agreements, work plans, and budgets as needed.
- Lead and attend monthly Joint Invoice review meeting with the leadership team and complete recommended action points
- Conduct monthly reconciliations with PSI Finance department and facilitate any possible adjustment as required.
- Lead and coordinate on supporting capacity building activities and follow up the actual implementation of grants as per the standard policies and regulations to ensure efficient utilization of resources in ethical manner.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure operational excellence to local implementing partners on financial and grant management systems through a capacity building scheme which was identified as a gap during the partner monitoring visit.
- Support the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluation, coaching, mentoring, ongoing performance dialogue and feedback to accomplish their duties.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields with six (6) years of demonstrated experience out of which four (4) years at a Managerial level
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience out of which four (4) years at a Managerial level
What would get us excited?
- Demonstrated experience leading management sub-grantees/partners
- In-depth knowledge and experience with grant and contract management
- Understanding of systems audit and articulating clear practical recommendations
- Negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of office products
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting
- Willingness to travel outside of Addis Ababa.
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Grants and Contracts Manager Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline February 4, 2020, We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.