|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 50+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 04 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Psycho-social Support (MHPSS).
We are currently looking for the following professional:
Grants and Reporting Head of Department
Length of Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension
The Grants and Reporting HoD will have the overall responsibility for the grants management workflow and department. In collaboration with program and support departments, s/he will make sure that donor reports are submitted in timely fashion while adhering to the highest quality and standards. The GR HoD will be responsible of development and management of partnership. Lastly, the GR HoD will be responsible for providing program and support teams with advice and training on donor compliance.
This position is ideal for a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong compliance and capacity-building experience, and can produce specific deliverables within a limited time period.
- Initiate, coordinate and facilitate regular and timely Grant Review, Opening and Closing meetings. Capture the minutes, share actions points and monitor progress against timelines
- In collaboration with the Finance Department, make sure the Grant Management Tool is updated on monthly basis
- Ensure that final agreement packages (Narrative, Budgets, Workplans etc.) are shared with program and support teams and highlight relevant donor compliance regulations
- To ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, reports etc.)
- Support program staff in grant revisions (e.g. cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments, and other as required)
- Facilitating trainings and capacity building for field teams, in particular Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Cycle Management, reporting and donor requirements.
- Coordinating with Action Against Hunger US HQ/RO to ensure proposals meet internal and donor standards and are coherent
- Keeping the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, sharing documents and ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- In collaboration and coordination with Program and Finance Departments, ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports which meet donor rules and regulations, reviewing and editing the content
- Act as focal point for sub-grantees, communicating templates and guidance on proposals, ensuring forward planning and preparation for donor report writing, adherence with Action Against Hunger’s requirements and timelines, and timely submission of sub-grantee reports.
Partnership Development and Management
- Prepare and review grant agreement documents, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding.
- Ensure that sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements, reporting and partner capacity-building.
- Liaise with sub-grantees for timely submission of accurate financial and activity reports.
- Under supervision of DCD Program, coordinating with Action Against Hunger US HQ to ensure proposals meet internal and donor standards and are coherent.
- Work with support departments in ensuring that relevant donor procurement and asset management rules are followed for all grants.
· Attend donor compliance trainings and organize cascading capacity building sessions for capital and field staff
Donor and partners communication
- Ensure that effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected
- Lead communication with donors and partners (sub grants) for grant management related issues
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures
- In conjunction with the Grant Reporting Officer support the development and maintenance of a comprehensive information management and filing system that ensures all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed in up-to-date and consistent soft and hard libraries available as needed like on NHF, PIMS and on NAS.
- Contribute to the writing of the mission country strategy.
- Line manager of the Grant Reporting Officer
Position Reports to: Deputy Director for Programs
Internal: Works with Finance, Programs, Logistics, HR and LGA
External: Liaises with donors and partners as per JD
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (Public Administration, Social Sciences, Finance, etc.), Master's Degree preferred.
- Five years of experience working with INGOs, Donors or UN Agencies
- At least three years’ experience in grants management and reporting
- Demonstrated strong experience in donor reporting, with very strong English writing, editing, and critical analysis skills.
- Strong ability to communicate concisely and with impact.
- Ability to work well under administrative and programmatic pressures. Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
If you are interested, please send your application composed of : none returnable CV, Covering Letter with“Grants and Reporting Head of Department_ Addis Ababa” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
- Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (On the way to Meskel Flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage or
- Through www.ethiojobs.net or
- Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger, Gode, Sekota, Gambella, Mega, Wollega, and Hirna offices ;
Deadline: Saturday, 1st of February 2020 before 5:00 PM
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be, communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.