|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2019|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for a short-term engagement (up to 6 months) to support a grants program in Ethiopia. The Grants Manager will work with the Deputy Regional Team Lead and the Regional Program Officer in the oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with NGOs grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the Deputy Regional Team Lead.
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the project Grants Manual.
- Develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications, award grants, monitor and report on financial activities as appropriate;
- Administer a portfolio of grant activities, ensure compliance to all contractual and USAID requirements;
- Assist large NGOs to convey grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to their local affiliates as necessary;
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring that they are always up-to-date;
- Manage all aspects of the Grants Database(s) including data entry, running reports, etc.;
- Coordinate and support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits;
- Conduct educational and training workshops on proposal preparation and/or financial monitoring, as necessary;
- Conduct internal compliance check on grant files prior to closing;
- Responsible for maintaining files in Creative’s online grants administration database;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience with grants management for USAID-funded projects in Ethiopia.
- Previous experience overseeing in-kind grants preferred.
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to USAID grants management.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded.
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines.
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills.
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in Amharic required, and proficiency in English highly desired.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Ethiopia.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.