|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Graphic Design |
|Job Type|| Internship |
Function: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Creative design and production Lead
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: One year
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Graphic Design Intern to enhance visual communication services delivery by assisting the marketing and communication team in managing routine graphic design activities.
Key Result Areas:
- Graphics design service delivery (e.g. Design, photography and videography,)
- Follow up material production
Sounds like you? Read on!
- Support and design different visual communication materials.
- Support implementation of innovative internal communication and information graphic design initiatives.
- Serve as in-house photographer, videographer and video editor covering project activities, events, and other occasions, as necessary and directed by his/her supervisor.
- Support on production (printing) material specification
- Perform any other activities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- BA/Diploma in fine arts, graphic design, IT or related field and
- 0-1 year of experience in graphics design, infographics, video editing
- Experience or direct knowledge of graphics applications, such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; and/or well as working knowledge of operating communications equipment such as photo and video cameras, scanners, sound recorders.
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “Application for Graphic Design Intern Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline June 30, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.