|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2020|
|Category|| Production / Manufacturing |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The security guard is responsible for
- Provision of security services to the GIZ compound and office in Assosa
- Provision of security services to the GIZ office vehicles parked on the compound and adjacent parking lots at day and night
- Opening entrance gate for GIZ office vehicles and registered visitors during office hours
- Security checks of visitors if directed by the GIZ management staff
- Primary school education
- Physically fit
- Good hearing and eyesight
- Observant, Responsible and trustworthy
- Assertive with good interpersonal skills
- no entries in criminal records
- Knowledge of basic security and fire protection procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public
- Ideally, skills in basic first aid and using a first aid kit and in basic fire safety and using a fire extinguisher
Other knowledge, additional competences
- ideally, a knowledge of English
- knowledge of Amharic and at least one local language spoken in Benishangul – Gumuz Region
- experience and knowledge of hygienic standards
- sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
- reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing
Place of Work: Assosa, Benishangul – Gumuz Regional State
Required number candidates: 2
Application deadline: April 29, 2020
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
GIZ CBCES Assosa Office (behind Assosa branch office of Ethiopian Insurance Corporation between Bamboo Paradise and Blendana Hotels (Ethiopian Insurance Corporation Compound))
Benishangul, Assosa, Ethiopia OR Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
Email: [email protected]
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope or on the fax applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Guard #069/2020” in the subject line of your email application or on the envelope or on the fax applications. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.