|Location||Addis Ababa, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Fintrac is looking to hire an Field Accountant for the Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity Oromia Regional Office in Addis Ababa. The activity will contribute to the government of Ethiopia’s objective of improving agricultural productivity and the commercialization of smallholder farmers through an inclusive approach that integrates nutrition-sensitive interventions and climate-smart agriculture with value chain development. The five-year activity will work across key value chains of maize, coffee, chickpea, dairy, and livestock. The Field Accountant will be based in Addis Ababa and reports to the regional Office Manager.
- Prepare all payment to suppliers and staff advance.
- Prepare petty cash disbursement and reconciliation.
- Prepare and ensure all staff advance settlements are processed on a timely manner.
- Maintain all financial document in such a way that is easy to access.
- Ensuring all supporting documents are attached and compliant with USAID and Fintrc's policies and procedures.
- Reports monthly financial reports to Finance National office
- Prepare and make proper codes for vouchers according
- Prepare all payments to event participants at field.
- Assist in preparation of field biweekly fund request.
- Post transaction of Quick books.
- Maintaining all field-level accounting records in original forms.
- Maintain and organize all financial documents.
- Preparing accurate financial vouchers and statements for weekly transfer to Fintrac' s National Office in Addis Ababa,
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Office Manger, Regional Manager, National office Finance Manager and Director of Fiance and Administration
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting or related field preferred;
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience;
- Regional language fluency required;
- Must be able to work with complex data, identify define problems and recommend solutions, and understand accounting software;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously, independently, and meet deadlines without compromising quality;
- Experience with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks;
- Knowledge of USAID/US government regulations preferred;
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to ftfe-vca_recruit@Fintrac.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telephone communication will result automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline is August 13, 2020