|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the Job:
Lead the monitoring and investigation work and coordinate the management of all human rights programs implemented by the Branch Office.Lead the overall supervision and management of resources in the Branch Office and communicate and coordinate with the Hub/Head Office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management and supervise the implementation of human rights programs and activities in the branch office; contribute to project design and concept notes based on strategic human rights priorities of the area.
- Review admissibility rulings and decisions on individual complaints, and submit for signoff as appropriate.
- Lead on implementation of alternative dispute resolution mechanism.
- Oversee the overall processing of individual complaints for the branch office and areas to be covered by the branch office.
- Plan and implement sudden and regular monitoring of places of detention, and oversee human rights monitoring during emergencies.
- Provide situation reports and communication to the Hub/Head Office on urgent human rights issues and emergency situations.
- Facilitate the development of advocacy strategy and follow up on monitoring and investigation findings and recommendations.
- Provide input for revisions of guidelines, manuals and tools.
- Coordinate human rights capacity building trainings/programs through trainings, workshops and discussion forums.
- Facilitate collaboration and ensure coordination of all programs of the Commission being implemented at the branch office level, with the local stakeholders, including local government, community and CSOs working in the area.
- Represent EHRC at meetings with different stakeholders and at human rights events in the work area.
- Monitor the utilization of budget allocated to the Branch Office.
- Ensure effective line management, clarify roles, responsibilities and reporting lines of each staff member; regularly discuss performance and provide feedback and coaching to staff based in BO.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and recommend changes in goals, objectives, intervention strategies, measurable outputs, and timelines; ensure quality and timely periodic progress reports are prepared and disseminated to all relevant functions in the Head Office.
- Engage with local media.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Location : Assosa Branch Office
Salary Range: Gross monthly salary of ETB 33,425.00- ETB 40,947.00 plus ETB 8,000.00 housing allowance and ETB 1,900.00 transport allowance depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history.
DURATION :Open /indefinite period contract
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA in Human Rights Law, LL.M in Human Rights, LLM in International Law, LLM in Law (Public Law relevant to Human Rights).
- Candidates with Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) but with exceptional experience can be considered.
- 6 years of relevant experience with MA
Experience in management of resources
- Knowledge of Amharic; working language of the region and English languages.
- Computer literate.
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam