|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming.
People in Need (PIN) in Ethiopia is working on improving lives of the poor in Ethiopia through development and humanitarian projects. PIN is implementing development projects focused mainly on WASH, agriculture, livelihoods, nutrition, natural resource management, education and social development. PIN is also actively responding to emergency situations.
About the role:
In close collaboration with the Country Director, the Head of Compliance with External and Internal Systems prime objective is to promote optimal and accountable usage of resources. HoSO is a member of Core management team (CMT). The HoSO is coordinating support services and systems to ensure supervision of the country program so that PIN's operations are characterized by quality, consistency, proper time management, best prioritization of issues and compliance in lines with PIN's country, regional and global strategic priorities, guidelines and requirements.
The position is intended to focus on ensuring compliance with both internal and external rules and policies, improving existing structures and ensuring that policies and rules are applied and followed.
The HoSO is expected to have senior level management experience and a demonstrable successful track record of organizational development and resource mobilization, be able to conceptualize and articulate PIN's vision, and have strong verbal and written communication skills required to translate the vision into action.
The post holder will ensure that the organization has the required and effective management structure, resources and technical capacity to manage and implement PIN's programming in Ethiopia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with the other members of the mission management, the position is responsible for the resource management of the mission;
- Ensure that PIN internal systems and procedures as well as country policies are introduced and adhered to, briefing and training all relevant staff as required;
- Oversight of field logistics & procurement systems, stock control and management, transport, communications, IT customs and clearance across the mission;
- Ensuring that ETH and PIN accounting practices, financial and administrative procedures and processes are in place and in line with IPSAS;
- Managing the mission supporting departments;
- Working closely with Program Managers on project financial management and other related financial issues, capacity building of the Program teams in project financial management;
- Ensure controls, risk mitigation and compliance procedures are in place;
- Coordinates external and internal audits, serves as major focal point for planning and conducting audits;
- Responsible to ensure that recommendations for improvements (e.g. from internal as well as external audits) are implemented in a timely manner;
- Provide technical guidance to all support departments and functions, and sets up effective internal coordination among support departments and communication within as well as with the other departments of the country program.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Relevant experience;
- Represent a strong management and leadership skills;
- Advanced qualification and significant proven experience leading two or more from the focused functions;
- Proven ability with respect to the management of large-scale country programs;
- Able to manage a large financial turnover and mitigate risk in a systematic manner;
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization, including in developing and delivering systems which are compliant to Europe Aid, DFID, USAID and UN procedures, is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Strong coordination, organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Working experience with an accounting and economic software would be an asset.
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies);
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work, plus regional travel benefits according to PIN's policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation in PIN's guesthouse on PIN's expenses;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance.
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).