|Date Posted||October 26, 2019|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Engagement with Partners
· Assess the current partnership portfolio; conduct analysis to identify Strength, weakness and opportunities and threats and inform the decision making process
· Develop and update the partnership strategies based on the direction set out by the country office Strategic plan/CSP and EPP plan and ensure it is rolled out to all relevant functions within the organization and scalability to all partners.
· Strengthen, develop, and optimize both existing and new partnership opportunities, across the country, maximizing influence
· Facilitate partners’ involvement in strategy and Proposal development, program planning, budget preparation and ensure all activities are adequately costed and resourced
· Coordinate effective relationships between partners and relevant country office thematic sectors as well as staffs to facilitate collaborative support and mutual learning
· Facilitate stakeholder analysis, partner mapping, Partner selection and partnership approach in line with partnership principles and the country context.
· Understand the evolving need of partnership in humanitarian and development setting, support the design of strategies such as EPP and ensure preposition of high performing partners both for development and humanitarian response
· Propose, design and pilot innovative approaches to working in partnership to deliver upon SC programs and partnerships strategies
Capacity Building of Partners
· Support, guide, and oversee a full scale capacity assessment and facilitate support for partners.
· Oversee the entire process of the partners’ capacity building process, ensure proper planning in placed and coordinate inputs for capacity building plans and follow up implementation
· Effectively link partners to relevant departments in order to support partners’ effort in the areas of business development, fundraising, organizational capacities to improve their organizational and operational capacity proposal development from an organizational and operational standpoint
· Work towards allocating adequate budget for key capacity building activities and ensure costed and effective capacity building strategy.
Managing Sub awards
· Together with the Award focal person and the Ops/PDQ team, make sure that the partnership unit is the process owner and always takes the lead in conducting due diligence and capacity assessment, support the sub award agreement process, follow of capacity development plan as part of the agreement, organizing sector specific review meetings, organize annual learning forum, initiate partners’ feedback survey, monitor partner program delivery
· Design and follow up effective monitoring of partners’’ program delivery, risks and financial and operational compliances and verify partners reports through monitoring visit of partners in the field.
· Ensure award kick of meeting conducted as per the agreed schedule and procedures and encourage partners to have a separate pre close out and close out plan and create a culture of learning
· Ensure Save the children in general and Partnership unit in particular robustly represented in different networks, partnership meetings, business development initiatives, partners’ selection, teaming agreements and other important Events
· Prepare concise and clear capacity statement documents, present in different occasions, share to donors and partners and ensure Save the Children profile clearly communicated and generate positive feedback
· Maintain a strong role for SC in the interagency coordination on partnerships in Ethiopia response community, including the Partnerships Initiative
§ Manage the performance of a team and provide supportive feedback to create high performing team members
§ Provide on the job training and coaching to staff to support their performance and professional development
Develop culture of open conversation and constructive critics to maintain positive relationship
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
§ Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
§ Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
§ Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
§ Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
§ Future orientated, thinks strategically.
§ Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
§ Commitment to member services, capacity building and development of partners through oversight and collaboration
§ Organizational development support to implementing partners. It is specifically support in developing their systems like HR system, finance system, procurement and admin systems etc.
§ Willingness to work in emergency contexts and deployment on emergency programs as part of our commitment to dual mandate.
§ Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
§ Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
§ Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
§ Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency commitment to Save the Children Values
§ At least BA degree in relevant field such as Economics, Social science, business administration and Sociology
§ Minimum 10 years work experience in NGOs sector
§ Proven experience in Partnership and stakeholder engagement
§ Experience of working in child focused organizations with excellent understanding of the child rights and safeguarding issues
§ Strong program development and management experiences
- Strong cultural sensitivity, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, problem solving and coaching
- experience of working in networks, consortia and alliance resulting in strong working relationships
§ An excellent team player with good skills in team work and decision making ability
§ Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
§ Fluency in English language preferred.
§ Commitment to the values, mission and principles of Save the Children
§ Previous experience of managing Sub grantees, CSOs and other program stakeholders
§ Good understanding on applicable government laws
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. To apply and for a copy of the full role profile can be found at:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.