|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2021|
Qualified Females are highly encouraged to apply
ActionAid Ethiopia (AAE) is a Gender justice , poverty eradication and Good Governance organization. In Ethiopia, ActionAid works to challenge gender inequalities and the structural causes of poverty through empowering communities to create critical mass of communities especially Women and Girls living in poverty and exclusion.
ActionAid Ethiopia believes that gender justice and poverty eradication are achieved through purposeful individual and collective action to bring socio-economic changes at household level to local, national and international levels. Empowerment of people living in poverty plus women’s leadership with the support of their allies is crucial to drive through the changes that will ensure equality and eradication of poverty.
ActionAid Ethiopia is currently looking for a vibrant, energetic, ambitious, knowledgeable, experienced, highly capable and motivated professional and leader for its Programme department and Finance Officer for its Finance team.
1. Post one: Head of Programme
Reports to: Country Director
Duty base: Addis Ababa, with frequent in country travel
The Head of programme is a member of the Senior Management team and provides Organizational Leadership for the Country programme, (contributing to strategic direction, risk management, performance management across the programme department). Strategic Leadership of Programmes department including, team management and risk management.; Provides strategic leadership to overall program development and implementation including strategy, program/ project design, setting direction and agreeing standards; external policy engagement, partnership development and management, Programme quality and Learning, and capacity building.
· Responsible to provide strategic leadership, coordination and management to the Programme Development, Implementation and programme Quality.
· The position holder will specifically be responsible to play lead role in producing and instituting AAE’s programme development and partnership directions, strategies and policies.
· Lead AAE’s national level programme, research and knowledge generation works in the area of Women Development, Sustainable livelihood , Partnership and Capacity Building; link national level programme works with ActionAid international initiatives; and ensure programme linkage with AAE’s grassroots work.
· Lead technical team to provide diversified support to grass root development areas (DAs) including in the development of concept notes and project proposals for fundraising, lead the programme review, evaluations and impact assessment processes.
· Lead the programme quality and focusing initiatives, coordinate and lead the national level planning, budgeting and reporting programme communication and documentation and shared learning processes.
· Play lead role in the development of Country strategy and country level review processes.
· As Senior Management Team (SMT) member S/he is expected to take part in the deliberation and decision making of major organizational matters.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Masters Degree in Development Studies or related field; a minimum of Ten years experience with at least 3 years at senior leadership level; strategic programming and partnership development and processes; solid knowledge of the country’s national frameworks and strategies; proven ability to lead multiple technical teams; good experience in research; strong interpersonal, team work and proven people management skills; excellent analytical and conceptual thinking; solid understanding of organizational programme approach and strategies.
Qualified and Interested applicants should submit cover letter addressing how you meet each of the essential criteria for the positions you apply, along with recent CV no later than November 11,2021 via this ethiojobs portal or email to email@example.com.
Please mention the Title of Position you apply for in the subject of your email.