Head of Programme
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. In 2021, COOPI is implementing 18 projects in the sectors of WASH, Food Security, Emergency Response and Energy in the 3 regions of Oromia, Afar and Somali. In particular:
- Promote access to safe water and efficient irrigation; we improve hygiene and sanitation for rural populations working in communities, schools and health centers.
- Is responding to emergencies including forced displacements, floods and recently desert locusts.
- Promotes agriculture, livestock and sustainable employment. We sustain the coffee value chain and increase long lasting youths employment.
- Since 2017, COOPI is working in the energy sector promoting the use of efficient cooking stoves, solar and renewable energies.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Programme (HoP):
- Is the focal point for COOPI programs in Ethiopia;
- Will be leading the program support team (MEAL Supervisor and Program Coordinator).
- Lead the definition and implementation of the country program strategy, with the support of the HoM and Program Advisors;
- Lead the development of new project proposals (current donors include ECHO, EU, AICS, OCHA-EHF and various UN Agencies);
- Review priorities and evidence from ongoing and closed grants;
- Use M&E data, innovations and evidence collected from on-going and past projects, for preparing new project ideas and concepts;
- Collaborate with support offices on logistics and administration requirements.
- Approve M&E plans for projects in alignment to planning documents and to Logical Frameworks;
- Provide quality assurance of M&E reports (e.g. KAP surveys, Monitoring Reports, PDM.);
- Use M&E data, innovation and evidence collected in the on-going and past projects for engaging new donors and partners;
- Carry out field monitoring missions in the areas of interventions
- Meet regularly with donors and partners, consolidating the position of COOPI in the country;
- Engage new potential donors and partners, working closely with the HoM and program advisors;
- Manage donors visits, liaising with the HoM and PMs;
- Represents COOPI in relevant fora.
- Ensure a final review of all project narrative reports (interim, quarterly and final) and their submission in line with submission deadline;
- Ensure that sources of verification of accomplished activities are meet quality standards and are available.
- Support review and approve the M&E plans for all projects, according to log frames and indicators;
- Support and participate the internal project grant opening meetings;
- Support the program advisors and PMs to approve project activities workplan.
- University master’s degree in relevant subject;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project formulation, implementation and coordination with an International NGOs;
- Experience in working with different donors (ECHO, EU, USAID, AICS, UN agencies);
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background;
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills in English;
- Advanced IT skills.
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and reference points;
- Target oriented and problem-solving aptitude;
- Strong managerial skills;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of GIS;
- Knowledge of Italian;
- Previous experience in the Region;
- Previous experience in livelihood sector.