|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Child Safeguarding:
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post holder may require to have regular contact or access to children or young people.Role Purpose:
Under the direct supervision of HR director, the post holder is expected to manage the overall safeguarding framework standard implementation.
She/he will be responsible for contextualizing the safeguarding framework application, resource materials, ensure relevant training provided for various groups, ensure risk assessment of projects mainly the humanitarian responses are conducted, receive and manage reported safeguarding incidents and timely made case closure on Datix coordinate with the relevant units for ensuring friendly reporting mechanisms for beneficiaries is in place, ensure communities are effectively communicated on relevant safeguarding information, strength the capacity of senior management, update relevant information, ensure partners are well capacitated, ensure KPI is on right track, lead the coordination of safeguarding team, focal points and champions across the country, represent SCI in national networks and coordination meetings, regional and global forums, capacitate(Mentor/Coach) safeguarding team, monitor and evaluate safeguarding standards practices and organize different learning forums on safeguarding practices.
She /he is also responsible on safeguarding compliance, audit, maintaining and share learning.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR Director
Dimensions: Save the Children works in all regions of Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately 1600 and current expenditure of approximately $80+ million each year.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure all relevant materials including safeguarding policy, local reporting procedure, guideline, training manuals, publication and related tools with the country local context for staff beneficiaries and partners are in place and properly disseminated to staff, partners and representatives
- Ensure safeguarding awareness for staff, volunteers, beneficiaries and other representatives are effectively facilitated
- Ensure effective communication is made with representatives of communities we serve on safeguarding to make them feel safe.
- Identify high-risk programs, conduct risk assessment, identified mitigation strategies and recorded, monitor and update the status on the identified risk in collaboration with
- program managers and focal persons at field level.
- Organize annual safeguarding focal persons meeting to share learnings with the relevant function, thematic and senior management.
- Organize learning forums on safeguarding practices at different level of function, partners and operation.
- Ensure updated safeguarding messages and reporting procedures to safeguarding focal persons at field offices is shared.
- Ensure system is in place for reporting, responding and appropriate support is given for senior managers on safeguarding incidents based on the local procedure and global guidance on abuse and exploitation as required.
- Receive & report safeguarding reports, lead the investigation and monitor the case management.
- Ensure adequate support is provided to relevant HR and recruiters on safe volunteer recruitment and proper documentation is kept.
- Ensure focus group discussion with children and adult beneficiaries on safe programing and reporting are facilitated periodically by safeguarding and operation champions.
- Ensure safeguarding is effectively mainstreamed across departments/units mainly MEAL, communication, supply chain, partnership, HR, program development unit, gender and at senior management level and get their responsibility is well understood and owned.
- Ensure the humanitarian strategy and county strategy incorporate safeguarding component and support on its implementation and monitoring approach.
- Ensure all proposal calls embed safeguarding component and adequate budget is secure for its implementation
- Ensure children participation in events, media and communication technology do not put children at risk and appropriate procedure is followed by respective units.
- Ensure regular report and updates onsafeguarding practices are communicated to relevant staff including senior management team, HR colligues, regional director, and country focal persons.
- Facilitate opportunities for safeguarding colligues to participate in regional and country level forums, networks and meetings.
- Conduct regular review meeting wth the country safeguarding team and organize community of practices.
- Ensure partners supporting documents are documented, partner risk assessment result timely analyzed and facilitate support identified gaps.
- Participate on kick off meetings, project annual review meetings, national management meetings and related forums and networks.
- Uptake any new initiative made
- Represent the organization internally and externally on any safeguarding related issues and technical support is provided for regional and global offices as required.
- Take additional assignment as demanded by the supervisor.
- SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Minimum of Bachelor Degree in social sciences, Child Protection, Education, Social work. Child safeguarding and other related filed and 10 years proven experience out of which 5 years in leadership role
- Experience on facilitation and coordination of training and workshops
- Practical experience on child participation on the intervention of program activities.
- Significant experience in managing a team/program/project
- Significant experience in staff management & budget Management
- Good skill in emotional intelligence
- Knowledge in matrix management and interdepartmental networkin
- Experience in conducting assessment, monitoring and report writing
- Strong computer skills, including the use of email, internet and Microsoft office
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience on child safeguarding
- Experience on humanitarian response programs
- Skill on illustration design and publication
- Speaking and writing of the local language