|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
URGENT INTERNAL /EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Yemisrach Micro Finance Institution (S.C) has been established as per the proclamation no 626/2009 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. Yemisrach microfinance is currently working in Addis Ababa, Oromia, Sidama and SNNP regions and now looking competent candidates for the following positions who can fulfill the requirements.
The purpose of the Head Office Senior Accountant position is to handle all financial activities /Transactions of the Head office. Coordinates and leads the financial operations of the head office in accordance with the financial policies the organization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Plans organizes, directs and controls the activities of the unit
- Ensures that all directives in the financial policy and procedures manual are implemented by the branch. Prepares the financial plan and budget of the head office.
- Ensures that adequate funds are available to the head office to fully carry out its operations as planned and avoids idle funds on the basis of cash forecast and cash flow analysis.
- Ensures that advance salary payments and increments, staff loan etc. are effected as per rule and procedures of Yemisrach Microfinance Share Company.
- Prepares payment vouchers, cheque, petty cash payment vouchers, payroll, etc. as necessary
- Perform bank reconciliation monthly and takes appropriate action on discrepancies
- Reconciles accounting records on general and subsidiary ledgers
- Assists finance manager in his/her daily activities
- Facilitates the ground for auditors and make the accounts of the head office audited by internal/external auditors
- Ensures that auditors’ options and suggestions are implemented
- Prepares periodic financial reports of the head office.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, variance analysis statement and send to finance manager
- Keeps statistical data of the branch operation in and organized manner
- Performs all related activities as assigned by finance manager
- Finance Manager
Field of study and Experience
- 4 years in Accounting and Finance, and related fields.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates who are qualified can submit their application, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials up to 10 working days beginning the advertisement date in person or through the addresses below.
Head Office: +25111368674 or in person Mekanisa Taxi Tera MYPIIC Building, 3rd floor, Office No. 302. A/A or Ethiopian Express, P.O.B -- 145269