|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 14, 2022|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Sher Ethiopia plc
Sher Ethiopia PLC operates the largest rose farm in the world in Ziway, in the vicinity of Lake Ziway. Besides this rose farm in Ziway which is located 160 kilometres south of the capital Addis Ababa, Sher Ethiopia also operates two other rose production farms: one in the village of Adami Tulu (5 kilometres south of Ziway) and one in the village of Koka (80 kilometres south of Addis Ababa).The combined greenhouse capacity of Sher Ethiopia amounts to ca. 500 hectares, where more than 1.1 billion roses are produced and exported each year in many varieties and colours. The production process includes: propagation, planting, crop maintenance, harvesting, grading, packing and transportation. All activities are performed by local employees (currently around 12.000 FTE). The roses are transported to the Netherlands where the export of the roses (around 3 million a day) is managed and distributed to the European retailers and other customers and /or by auction.
Besides its farm activities, Sher provides education to over 6,500 children at three locations. Kindergarten, elementary school and secondary school are free of charge for the children of employees and for other community members
Sher Ethiopia is looking for a professional Health and physical Education (Amharic) in Sher Ethiopia School.
- To plan, organize and implement an appropriate teaching program in an elementary or secondary learning environment:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school and parent meetings.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignment
Skills set of the candidate
- Pedagogically presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skill.
- Attentive listener.
- Creative and able to create a fun learning environment.
- Efficient time management.
Required qualification and experiences
- Degree or Diploma in health and physical education.
- Have minimum 2 years work experiences as a Health and Physical Education Teacher, preferably in private or public schools.