|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ASCOM MINING ETHIOPIA PLC (AME) is established in Ethiopia since November 2008 and has been exploring for gold and base metals in Western Ethiopia, Benishangul Gumuz National Regional State, Asosa Zone, Ethiopia. The company has successfully carried out modern and effective mineral exploration programs at its Asosa concession and has discovered the Dish Mountain Orogenic gold deposit and the Abetselo VMS Au & Cu deposit. AME has also identified a number of peripheral targets that are in close proximity to the Dish Mountain Gold Deposit to be treated as additional resources to a global Dish Mountain Resource.
AME has completed a scoping study, a JORC Compliant Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) and Pre-feasibility studies, all to the highest internationally recognised standards. Currently, AME is working on feasibility study to obtain mining license from Ministry of Mines and Petroleum. AME has been granted an exploration license in Dul – Ashashire area which is on advanced exploration stage on September 2018 and currently conducting detail exploration activities. AME has been using local professional and support staff and foreign consultants to carry out all the exploration and feasibility study. The Company currently has created job opportunity for more than 150 Ethiopians.
Ascom Mining Ethiopia PLC (AME) would like to invite competent, energetic, experienced and qualified applicants for the following three urgent vacancy announcement.
- Develop, monitor and implement the organization’s health and safety policy; to ensure the organization is compliant with health and safety legislation; and to reduce or prevent hazards, dangers and accidents. This role not only ensures the health and safety of the workers but also of the workplace, environment and general public.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Monitor Health and Safety: incidents of injury, illness, and other situations within the Project area.
- Create Reports: write reports detailing health and safety within the Project or assigned research area.
- Develop Strategies: design strategies to reduce incidents of illness, environmental accidents, and other issues that may affect the Project and public safety.
- Investigate: go into the field to investigate environmental accidents and other safety concerns within the project area. May also assign team members to investigate reported incidents.
- Design Training Programs: design training programs to provide safety awareness education.
- Perform Risk Assessments:
- BA or MA Degree in Health and Safety related fields
- Good analytical skills and ability to think critically in handling health and safety issues
- Excellent language skills in written English and good report writing skills
Work Experience: not obligatory
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, CV and copies of education and other relevant documents by email in the following address: Email Address: email@example.com
Deadline for Application: 10 consecutive days from the date of this announcement.