|Location||West Hararghe Zone, Chiro town, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Project description: The project is implemented by a consortium funded by the Italian development Cooperation (AICS). The project emphasizes the collective responsibility in preventing irregular migration through the development of greater social cohesion in the areas of reference with information / training activities, protection of vulnerable groups, support for basic services and creation of new opportunities for income. Specifically, this project focus in the strengthened health, psychological and mental health support system for women and young people, victims of abuse and violence (GBV) in West Hararghe with particular attention to returnees and potential migrants in the eastern route of Ethiopia
The Health Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the health and psychosocial component necessary to start up the Pilot Center (in Chiro hospital) for assistance to GBV victims of the project area. He/she will ensure the correct performance of the activities, their constant monitoring, financial planning, the correct use of means, maintaining relations with partners and government health counterparts, in full compliance with the work plan and the guidelines agreed between the partners. The position incumbent ensures that all the health activities are properly implemented in the framework of the project. S/he is directly responsible for the technical and organizational support of the facility-based activities and trainings, the supervision of the results and the participation to the monitoring and evaluation of the project strategy. He/she is responsible in the facilitation and management of financial, logistic and administrative issues related to the project.
The Health Coordinator contributes to the realization of the CCM component within the project which main focuses in put in place a Pilot Centre for assistance to GBV victims in the Chiro hospital.
He/she is responsible for:
- Take the lead in the activation of a Pilot service within Chiro hospital to guarantee health and psycho-social support to young people and women victims of violence, abuse and exploitation
- Participate in the organization of guidance, counselling and individual psychosocial support activities aimed at GBV and irregular migration victims
- Ensuring that the planning, implementation and monitoring of the healthcare component are in line with the project's objectives, maximizing synergies with the components implemented by the lead partner and partners through field missions and the coordination site
- Collaborates in the preparation of contents related to medical and psychosocial support, organizes and participates in the implementation of the planned training activities
- Contributes to identifying the needs of victims / beneficiaries’ returnee and collaborates with the Pilot Centre to define the most adequate path for health and psychological support
- Identifies the most appropriate tools for the individual case and available on the territory
- Create a contact between the competent territorial services and the beneficiaries
- Supports the beneficiary and the communities in developing their skills to face and resolve their own needs and / or problems independently
- Participate and contribute in the Multi-stakeholder platforms to address migrant issues and GBV funtionals in the target area
- Conduct awareness and dissemination campaigns regarding travel risks and regular migration channels, gender-based violence, abuse and exploitation and information on available assistanceservices, in communities and groups of collective interest in the various the project
- Support a socio-anthropological study for the analysis of psychosocial and health problems of migrant and returnees’ victims of abuse and violence and dissemination of results
- Improve the identification and referral system of victims of violence, abuse and exploitation in respect of confidentiality
- Ensure access to supportive health services is being provided in Chiro hospital
- Prepares timely reports on beneficiaries and coordinates with project health experts and Pilot centre referrals for supervision of the most complex cases
- Participates actively in the development of a document for the management of victims of violence provided by the Ministry of Health for the Pilot centre.
- Participates in data collection for the elaboration of an analysis of the needs of refugees and victims in the psycho-social field
- Degree in Public health, Social Sciences or Psychology (if both would be an asset); a Masters’ degree in areas related to the project and/or Health Management will be preferred,
- Experience in administration, financial and logistics management will be preferred,
- Training giving, coordinating and leading skills will be preferred
- Experience in public health and with NGO is highly required
- Previous experience of at least two years with vulnerable people in individual and group psycho-social support activities specially to GBV victims among returnees and migrants
- Strong interpersonal and empathic skills, analytical skills, reporting skills, self-employment and team work
- Speaker of local language, excellent knowledge of English
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft Office)
To apply for these positions, please send a one-page motivation letter and a CV in PDF format, not more than three pages (1MB) without any scanned attachment of certificates or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting for the vacancy position in the subject. CCM is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.